LANarchy.3

duk

Hey everyone... whats up.

I would like to exchange site links with FragFest...

Also LANarchy.3 is scheduled for July 16 - July 18... $15 / seat. Pizza $2 each (large). Also free breakfast Sat and Sun. We have over 20 sponsors some of which include BAWLS, NVIDIA, Thermalright, but our #1 sponsor is www.mygamesters.com . The 2 founders are travleing down from NY with 2 servers... 2GB each and both with 2 2.8GHZ cpu's. Our tournaments are 2v2 CS, 3v3 UT'99, and we are still deciding on 2 more. We would love to have everyone stop by the forums and give their input on the LAN and how to make it better for the gamers who attend. Even if you don't plan to attend give us some ideas...

The LAN is taking place in Princeton, WV (24740), and will last somewhere around 56 hours.

LANarchy

philtheduk@comcast.net

duk

believe it or not we have a hard time advertising... if anyone would be willing to help with providing some forums to post on or some contact info for people around the area i would greatly appreciate it.

:boing::boing:

well man...I don't think we have alot of people in that area...so we're not really the place you wanna advertise (especially with our big lan being so close)

but if I can think of anyplace to advertise for ya I will man

btw, nice sig

Duk, GC (previously just Mmmm) has been holding FragFests for a few years now and have slowly been building up a following. Most of the attendees this year are previous attendees (mostly regs here) or friends of regs.

I would say to just keep having them and try to let word of mouth spread the news. Also, post up "messages" on your servers so that regulars and transients alike can see the URL for the LAN and you could get some more that way too.

Our lan is really based on the community that's been built up here over years of time and word of mouth.

If I were just starting out, or looking to promote something small into something big, I'd first start with local computer stores, places that sell video games, and the like to advertise. Colleges would be another good place for some cheap advertising.

BTW, this is in addition to what you're already doing with the web promotion/forum drives.

our first FragFest had around 20 members, of which I am proud to have been one. second FF was somewhere HomeLAN.com and Gamespy.com for a little advertising.

the game's you plan to play are also a bit past outdated. This is good for people who still love UT'99 and the thousands that still love CS, but it will limit the number of attendees. Try adding some newer games to the list, such as Battlefield 1942 or Vietnam, or America's Army (totally free, by the way. americasarmy.com)

duk

we have about 9 games we're playing...the tournaments are just limited to that because right now those are the 2 dominant games people who are coming want to play. check out our site, and look at the newest news post to see our latest sponsor. They're running all our servers.

• 1 month later...