Gaming Laptop

Raiden

Lol that just confused the crap out of me.. so anyways...

In my opinion:

Best bang for your buck: eMachine M6809 (upgrade the hard drive to a 7200 rpm and you're good as gold)

Quality with no price limit: I would have to say- Voodoopc

Others on the top of my list: The dell XPS and Alienware.

Building? Do you mean configuration? If that is so then Go for the Voodoo, XPS or Alienware.

I still gotta disagree on that eMachine laptop just for the screen Bullet...

I mean it IS a great price for the machine...but you are getting a big downfall in a screen that only does 1280 x 800 res.

What do you mean? That screen is huge! It's wider then most laptops. And plus the res is fine. Anything above 1280 on a laptop is just way too small. :( sigh

EDIT: Bahh I didnt get to finish what I was saying :( My supervisor came by.

I will convert you someday playaa! Come to the dark-side of the 1280 res! Muhahahahahahahahah :zombie:

EDIT of an EDIT: I was just looking on Bestbuy's site and most of the laptops that were below $1600 were 15.4" and smaller for the screens. Some of the 15.4" are only 1024res.

dude, I use a laptop every day at 1600 resolution...and it is like 100 times crisper and easier to read than my 21" monitor at 1024 or 1280 res.

like I said before...if you can live with it, go with the eMachines...but I personally think that is too low of a resolution especially for a gaming machine

dude, I use a laptop every day at 1600 resolution...and it is like 100 times crisper and easier to read than my 21" monitor at 1024 or 1280 res.

like I said before...if you can live with it, go with the eMachines...but I personally think that is too low of a resolution especially for a gaming machine

you dont game in 1600 res.

monitor size for the 1600 was a 17" widescreen

and you may not game in 1600 right now...but 2 years ago gaming in 1280 was "over the top"...and in a laptop I want something that will stand the test of time 10 times better than a Desktop

• 2 weeks later...

Word bought a Gateway laptop when he was over in Iraq. He loves it. It's got a 17" widescreen, 80 gig hard drive, Radeon 9600 Pro. The thing runs CoD great, BF Vietnam is a bit choppy with graphics on high, but we turned them down to low-medium range and it runs fine.

Downside is the price. He paid around $2500 for it.

• 6 months later...