Webage Construction

soul .gc

Question for the intelligent ones out there:

I am designing a webpage for a benefit golf outting. On the registration page I have created a form with Name, address, phone, email, # players and comments. I want that to be emailed to me once it is completed.

I have a submit and clear button but I have no clue how to make them work. I downloaded a couple Formmail programs but they all say to put the files in the CGI-BIN folder, which I do not have. Do I need to toss Perl on my FTP site or something? Anyone know?

Thanks

Soul, your "webspace provider" has to allow you to do cgi processing for this to occur. Usually, they don't allow it as it is added processing on the server. I would check with your provider to see if they offer it or not.

The guy on the phone asked "what is PHP"? Then I asked about CGI stuff and he said "Huh?".

I PM'd Fatty to see what we have on the GC space, if anything. I might just have the domain name service host it since they provide all that for 5$ a month.....I just hate to spend the money.

Thanks Bullet. I pulled the generator and followed it's directions for installation and alll it says from my Web Account is: "header ("location:home.php")

So I think my provider does not support it.....

How would you be able to host it? I hate to inconvenience you.

Just looking for something to run a script that will forward forms back to my email for this charity outting. It would be much appreciated.....I am not sure how I set it up have a website on my server and execute the form on your server....

I can't fwd it to you for some reason. It says the "Reply-To" field couldn't recognized. hmm

Welp heres the output

address: 3298 grnd river

Comments: testing

email: haggy[at]voyager[dot]net

name: craig

numberofplayers: 4

phonenumber: 5551212

------ eviromental variables ------

REMOTE HOST:

BROWSER: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040608 Firefox/0.8.0+

Cool - Is there any way I can use the form in the middle of my page and have the submit button route through your server? Or is that not possible?

You have aim? I'll give you the form to put up on your site. What it will do is call the php file from my server.