IRC

Nubus

Do we have a IRC channel? I am asking becasue when I ran the cs clan we had our own IRC channel (anyone can make one and free) and I found a bot that I linked to my server (took up 1 spectator slot) and anything that happened in the server as far as talking, showing teams score, who killed who, etc showed up in the irc channel. We only used it in matchs (with other teams permission and with access for them to) but it was a way of other people not in the locked server to be able to see what is happing as it happens, also is a excelent way to call for a sub in the event somone drops.

I know HLSW has an IRC bot but I don't know if it works for UT (HLSW shows the UT server and the people playing on it but it is a bit buggy at times so I am not sure if it has full IRC bot support).

• 2 weeks later...

ha, what are you talking about...I got the password at the last minute and I had to tell the rest of you. :D

I can't connect to IRC, I've tried many-a-time and I can't get it to connect. It would be nice cause most teams hang out in the IRC channels and sometimes that seems like the only way to get info.

Hmm, for some reason, the MB won't let me post the whole message I typed out (actually typed it out 3 times and it kept losing it so I went to Notepad to type it out). I will try posting it in parts to see what part it chokes on.

Hmm, seems the MB won't let me post a message with "cmd_exe" while the underscore is replaced with a period. Good safety precaution I guess but, dang, it was annoying.

Open a dos box (type "cmd" in your "Run" field) and type "ipconfig" in it to get your computer's IP Address.

Open your Linksys web admin page in your browser. Click on the "Advanced" tab. Click on the "Forwarding" tab. In the first empty (meaning "0") "Ext. Port" field add "6667" To "6680 (You should probably only need "6667 To 6667" but I always enter a range just in case mIRC needs more). Check both "Protocol TCP" and "Protocol UDP" (mIRC probably only uses TCP but I have not confirmed that in documentation). In the "IP Address" field, add the last octet of your IP Address. Check "Enabled". See image below.

foward_port.jpg

This should allow you to connect to an IRC network but since GameSurge is not one of the IRC networks listed in the default mIRC network listing (they had to change their name due to copyright issues), you will have to follow the instructions at the following page to update your mIRC client to add the GamesNet servers to your network list.

http://www.gamesurge.net/cms/Client_Update/