IT'S ON BABY!

Brillow_Head

Okay, if you haven't checked it out so far we are on for the match.

Here are the two dates they've given for their match.

Friday, July 2nd at 9 PM EST

Saturday, July 3rd at 9:30 EST

The maps they have chosen are

1st: Red Planet

2nd: Our Choice

3rd: Torlan

I'm free either days...and I want Arctic Stronghold for various reasons.

YOU HAVE UNTIL 9:00 WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30TH TO DISCUSS BEFORE DECIDE.

server ip 66.28.14.59 I'm going to go check it out. Ok I got into it, however it was empty. Good ping times though. I am still worried about UTSecure however. I've added a lot of skin and map packs to my install.

I can make either time. I just hope I can get decent pings on whatever server we play. As for the other map, I dont care, never really played Artic without the deemer, and that will probably change everything - at least it will be fair. Usually whoever gets the deemer first in that map wins the round.

Come to think of it we may want to reconsider playing ArcticStronghold. It's the exact same node layout as red planet, and if that's their ideal node layout, we may not want to excite them and make them happy. Dawn may be better for a first time match since it is a map that does not have any one key node which allows for more freedom of play and less planning and rushing.

Dawn and crossfire would be ok map choices too.

Unlike Arcticstronghold, Redplanet has a lev and has gigantic spaces between nodes, so one must have a vehicle to get around. Arcticstronghold is much more close-quarters combat, something we are pretty good at. Even a map like primeval isn't out of the question...a quick little rush map with no strategy and all skills might be perfect for us.

Fri and Sat both not good for me since I work till 11 pm them nights but I know the GC will take care of buniness. Goog luck and good fraging bros..... :peace:

Lock the doors and sound the alarms the GC is invading.

Leviathans are not superweapons? >8\

I am available both days, assuming that the Saturday is a 9 pm.

I'm concerned about Red Planet as their first choice. I royally suck at it, imo. >8P I'll get my practice on, though, and should be gtg by the weekend. The fact that it's their first choice scares me a bit, though.

I'm happy about Torlan as the tiebreaker (that was randomly decided, right?). The times I've played it with a largely-GC team, we've been utterly merciless.

As for our map choice, I also like Arctic Stronghold...and I don't think I even know where the nuke is on that, so I'm not too concerned. =) The only problem (or maybe benefit) is, is that it's a one-mistake-and-you're-screwed map. Once your base node goes down, it's over. It's neigh-impossible to retake it and make the minimum two-nodes progress to nullify the threat whilst defending it from attacks from three potential spawns. At a high level of play, it boils down to a complex rush map. Fortunately, I seem to never be on the bad side of it. >8)

Unless Argento is an option, I think that's our best bet. We play it well.

However, we really do need some practice time. Red Planet is all about being pre-coordinated, and seeing as it's their first choice, I'm willing to bet they've got that covered already. The linking of the nodes and the vast space between them makes it impossible to get backup quickly, and if you get cleared off the node, there's no way to get back in time to do any good. I don't think it's really meant for 6v6 play at all.

-hC

Red plannet is all about the "footprint" By that I mean after the first node is up...how many of the three middle we build is important. Even if 2 come under attack we will still have a high likelyhood that one will be built and with at least 2 manta's sitting at their base node wiatitng....whap...done deal.

Dawn...is a back and forth map...no real way to dominate...Redeemers are almost useless in that map anyway. Tank strat is usually the way I've seen victories pulled off.

Crossfire....one of my worst strat maps...I've bad memories and too much clutter to move around efficiently...still....play the same weakness on the enemies.

ArticStronghold...I have rarely...and I mean rarely...needed a deemer in order to pop their first node...that one is all about the footprint as well...get the first node unlocked and P...U...M...E...L it.

Dria...too big for 6 on 6...

Severance...tricky with no deemer....that is my strat...unlocked and unload with nuke...

Double Torlan....I love Torlan...if we do a center rush with four peeps and have the other two work the bottom nodes...and hit their first with mantas...we cant lose

In Arctic Stronghold, I usually take the Goliath out to the leftside node (from blue). I arrive right when the base node is finished. Usually the other team has, if anything, a Manta there, and they're already out of it. They die quickly >8p. From there, it's a quick jaunt to their base node, which is impossible to defend from a Goliath on the ridge, especially with only 6 people. After that it's just mop-up duty.

-hC

:lol: Yes...exactly....move quick...bug the heck out of them elsewhere and hit a manta and tank at the first node...keeping about 3 or so at the home node

So far the the tally is 6 for Saturday...or can't make it at all...or both...I'm going to set for Sat...still deciding a map tho