Potential "fix" to people with voice/mic problems

MC_Ranger

I've long had problems with voice comm in CS.

After a lot of hunting through forums and support threads, apparently I was not alone.

There is a problem with some (maybe all?) configurations that combine Windows XP and a SoundBlaster card. I have built 3 different systems the last 2 years all with the same type of setup and I've had problems with all of them.

When you transmit voice, the transmit goes on-off-on-off-on-off ... making your voice chop up.

Very annoying. There are a number of "tweaks" and "hacks" but I had ZERO luck out of all of them.

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, there is no fix yet.

I had to enable my onboard audio and move my mic connection from my Audigy over to the onboard audio. Then I had to change my mic input to the onboard audio and all works well.

So, if you have mic problems and have XP/Soundblaster - you may be hosed unless you have access to another sound card.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

just update your mobo drivers...make sure to get the latest via 4-1 drivers, in which the sb issue was directly handled.

actually I don't see why this is such a huge ordeal...it's not much work to do and you still get the good sound output from the Soundblaster just not the input from the soundblaster...

this irks me a bit because I just installed XP last night and plan on getting a soundblaster....

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

well you dont have the latest then...search the via page, they had a firmware update for the audio issues.