Driving Question

Playaa

What do you do? (read the first post)  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tailgating here in chicago is pretty much the standard. If you don't get up close enough to the car in front of you... someone else will. Is kinda crappy, but its the way it works... everyone is in a hurry and they'll cut you off in a heartbeat if it means they can get where they are going a fraction of a second before you. One other important note. In Chicago, there is no 'Speed Limit' per se on the expressways. You go as fast as traffic will let you go.

That being said. In Chicago its not uncommon to see a string of cars moving at about 75 a few feet apart. After a while you actually become comfortable with the distance.

When I'm driving on an Interstate outside of Chicago I back off a bit and use my flashers when I'm really hauling butt.

Secondary Question: What is your average/comfortable cruise speed on an Interstate?

/me 78-80 mph

This second question probably leads to my frustration about tailgaters...I don't get tailgated on the highway, ever....cause I'm usually doing the passing and stay out of the way of anyone else.

What gets me are the people that tail me close when I'm doing 40-45 in a 35, or someone that wants to rub on me in a 25 mph zone....but the original question was about the highways.

see I'm one of those people that some would consider an "inconsiderate" driver...but the funny thing is that I always feel like the people cruising in the passing lane, have a tail of cars behind them with an opening on the right, won't slow down a teensy bit when someone puts on the blinker and tries to get in front of them to go to an exit, etc....THOSE people are the inconsiderate ones.