Here comes Charley

Mad Bean

Welp, getting prepared to endure my first hurricane down here in Florida. If some of you don't know, I live in Jacksonville. The storm has already hit land down at Ft. Myers and is expected to travel up here. It is already starting to rain, but the wind is still calm. It is expected to hit here around midnight. Should be interesting. I work at a Goodyear Auto Service Center that is located at the beach. Actually 3 blocks from the ocean. I'll have to wait and see if it is still there in the morning.

More updates to come...

AK, they were projecting the storm to hit Tampa. I'm glad you're ok.

Been raining since 5:30, just started getting a little heavier. They are predicting it to go back out to sea down at Daytona, which is an hour and a half south. And is supposed to pass here around 1:00 AM

I'm happy to report that there were no problems here. The storm went back out to sea at Daytona, and had weakened as it passed by. Mainly, just a lot of rain and wind, but only reported around 45 mph. I didn't get any flooding or loss of power.

I am concerned because the storm is heading toward Wilmington, NC, which is where my parents live. Hopefully it won't develop strong when it makes landfall there.

I do have to head into work and see if there is any damage there.