CZECH REPUBLIC 1-2-0-2

GERMANY 0-3-0-0

North American Group

CANADA 3-0-0-6

RUSSIA 2-1-0-4

UNITED STATES 1-2-0-2

SLOVAKIA 0-3-0-0

Edited by whiplash

Why are Canada, Russia, and the USA all in the same group?  Wouldn't it make sense to split all of the best teams up so they can meet in the championship game?

I would say Russia and Germany are the two weakest ... But germany WAY below the rest.. That's my own opinion..

Also USA are good but they are no better than Sweden, Finland, and Czech. I think they have to watch slovakia too.. Should be interesting to say the least.

Edited by whiplash

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Why are Canada, Russia, and the USA all in the same group?  Wouldn't it make sense to split all of the best teams up so they can meet in the championship game?

I would say Russia and Germany are the two weakest ... But germany WAY below the rest.. That's my own opinion..

Also USA are good but they are no better than Sweden, Finland, and Czech. I think they have to watch slovakia too.. Should be interesting to say the least.

They tried to do it best for traveling times, the groups are North American and European.

Canada will win the tournament, most likely beating out Sweden. I wouldn't count out Finland, stellar goal tending and good team work. The Americans are rellying on Esche far too much to go far. If the Slovaks had anyone on D (excluding Chara, who is great) they'd be a threat.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Who said Russia was weak? i think they'll do pretty good this time around

Funny guy.

Maybe if 3/4 of their original team hadn't pulled out they'd have a chance. The Russians have abused thier players time and time again, and they won't take it any more.

Nabakov and Khabibulan both pulled out, as did Zhamnov and Federov, just to name a few names. Not naming guys like Ulanov and Semenov shows evee moreso how bad their scouting is.

The only excitement on team Russia will be Kolvalchuk and Overchkn.

The Russians still have a good lineup, but they don't have a solid goalie, Nabokov didn't pull out he is injured.

As for a lineup, You can't complain about....

Sergei Gonchar

Darius Kasparaitis

Pavel Datsyuk

Alexei Kovalev

Ilya Kovalchuk

Viktor Kozlov

Sergei Samsonov

Alexei Yashin

They are really only missing their best line.. Federov, Bure, and Zhamnov

But this team will not be able to hold up to the other teams, imo. It would be nice to see Russia upset USA Thursday night though.

Also in retrospec team Canada lost Yzerman, Pronger, and Blake.

USA lost Roenick, Gomez, and D Hatcher.

Edited by whiplash

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Add Jovanovski and Redden to the Canadian injury list.

It's funny, Canada's how more injury problems then any other team and we're still far away the best team there.

As far as Russia is concerned, they're basically a lesser version of Slovakia. The only wild card is Overchkn.. I'm looking forward to watching the kid.

Yea I rememeber a while back when the Canadian team was announced tsn.ca did an article about "What if Canada iced a 2nd team" See article *here*

Here are just some top players that were left off the roster:

Gone from the team are goalie Curtis Joseph, defenceman Al MacInnis, forwards Paul Kariya, Theo Fleury, Eric Lindros, Joe Nieuwendyk, Michael Peca, Brendan Shanahan, Todd Bertuzzi, Alex Tanguay, Keith Primeau and Owen Nolan.

:o

Edited by whiplash

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
yeah i was joking bout that :) yeah i'm surprised some of those guys didn't play i was hoping the Bulin wall would play

I'm not surprised, and I applaud him for it. Obviously you've never heard about this..

Gold at last

Russian goalie Nikolai Khabi-bulin got his first hockey gold medal before he even played a game.

In what his fellow players described as an emotional locker room ceremony, Khabibulin was presented with the gold medal he earned as a backup goalie in 1992.

Coach Viktor Tikhonov took the medal and kept it for himself.

Khabibulin, an All-Star goalie for the Tampa Bay Lightning, was 19 and did not play in any games at Albertville, France, for the Unified Team.

Although he was not in uniform for the gold medal-clinching 3-1 victory over Canada, he was entitled to a gold medal. But as the team assembled to receive medals, Khabibulin was not summoned to the ice. Tik-honov was photographed wearing a gold medal - even though only players, not coaches, were entitled to medals.

Khabibulin was not about to challenge Tikhonov, the most re-vered hockey coach in Russian history. But the pilfered medal bothered Khabibulin over the years.

"I've got to get a safe for it," Khabibulin said.

One of the most disguisting things to happen at the Olympics IMO.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Yea I was only able to watch the 1st period, Russia was ALL over them, shots was like 16-4 or something like that.. The only thing now though, need USA to beat Slovakia so they Canada Don't play USA in the Quarters.

It's a cross-over.

After we beat Russia we'll play Germany*.

*Baring the miracle that they beat the Czech's.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
This is an open forum.  I can post my pros, cons, and ambivalence whenever I want thank you very much. 

stick.gif

I love when Americans say outrageous stats like 95% of Americans don't care.

Minnesota and Michigan are both great hockey states, and Colorado ain't too shabby either. Add in a couple good cities (Boston, Philly and some parts of NY) and you've got a decent hockey fan base. I don't know the populations of all the cities I said, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more legitimatet hockey fans in the States then Canada.

Just a mini-rant.

Edited by PDO

Yea I was only able to watch the 1st period, Russia was ALL over them, shots was like 16-4 or something like that.. The only thing now though, need USA to beat Slovakia so they Canada Don't play USA in the Quarters.

It's a cross-over.

After we beat Russia we'll play Germany*.

*Baring the miracle that they beat the Czech's.

Its not a cross-over this tourney.. Not sure if the semi's are or not.

World cup schedule

Good USA beat Slovakia.. so just need Canada to beat Russia should be a good game tommorrow night.. can't wait

Thing is, WE HAVE NO PROFESSIONAL TEAM. That prevents me from caring much about hockey :(

That shouldnt't matter, I am no where near a professional team, I would have to drive about 11+ hours to watch a game.. I still love the sport and really enjoy watching it on TV.