cpu temp

auggybendoggy

alright killer or anyone else.

how hot is too hot.

is running a p4 at about 110 too hot or will it still run normal?

I am looking for a higher rated 1u cpu heatsink fan.

I cant seem to find one. Usually they are rated for 2.6 on down.

so if anyone has any knowledge on running cpus above normal temp then please let me know.

Auggy

43C isn't hot at all, its normal.

I use a 1U copper sink, SLK947. Its heavy and cools well. Can use the stock MB brackets or remove them and bolt it on (which i would suggest ).

how hot is too hot ? i'd say stay under 50C if you can. I have my shutdown temp on 70c and warning at 60c and i've hit my warning temps during games a few times. :D You can also change the amount of thermal throttling your cpu will do if it starts to overheat via bios options.

any of these thermalright sinks for your socket http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu...enu_search.html

a nice swiftech sink http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cpu-swi-09.html

a nice zalman sink http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cpu-zal-09.html

those are about the best heatsinks out.

some people use what's called a ducting mod or watercooling devices in smaller cases. I believe they sell some at xoxide fairly reasonably.

True.

I think people running @ stock speeds and voltages really dont have anything to worry about till their processors exceed 55 degrees C.

I got a small form factor pc that is overclocked and it stays @ 125-130 degrees F when under load(and it's always @ 100% load on the CPU). If you got one exhaust fan, a heatsink rated correctly for the CPU that you are using, and it's properly installed; then you won't have heat problems with your processor.

one thing to consider when buying a cpu HS/Fan is that you can never be cool enough. I always suggest going overboard with cooling rather than meeting the min. requirements. Electronic equipment hates heat and the more times it heats up and then cools down the sooner it fails.

My PC runs at 32c at idle and 40c or less at full load. My PC is also pushing enough air to float a hovercraft and is louder than crap lol

They actually stopped production of Prometeia. All_Killer was supposed to have had one coming but I can't remember what happened with it. I have wanted one for years. VapoChill still has a phase-shift cooler but it's housing for it is butt-ugly.

The new vapo's look nice, way better then any prommie and cool better too, but cost $1000+. My seller backed out, or should i say never sent it and kept my money for a little over a month. It was basically me being like, give me my trucking money back or im driving to your house and taking it.

anyways, its now summer time and i work lots so don't have time to set one up like i would want, winter is just around the corner though and i've started going back to the for sale forums that prommie's and vapo's go on, so well see.

The new vapo's look nice, way better then any prommie and cool better too, but cost $1000+. My seller backed out, or should i say never sent it and kept my money for a little over a month. It was basically me being like, give me my trucking money back or im driving to your house and taking it.

anyways, its now summer time and i work lots so don't have time to set one up like i would want, winter is just around the corner though and i've started going back to the for sale forums that prommie's and vapo's go on, so well see.

hahaha killer thats hilrious....cause I've been there before