A request to be un-banned

Guest YURA|Nasshat

Guest YURA|Nasshat
Guest YURA|Nasshat
Guest YURA|Nasshat
Guests

Hi~

First I would like to say that I really enjoy playing on the ONS server.

Great ping - not many jerks = good fun! Thanx for hosting it!

Now to business.

I got disconnected from the server last week.

So I reconnected.

10 seconds later - I got banned.

No explaination - no communication from an Admin - just a ban.

So.. I went elsewhere to play.

But - curiosity got the better of me & today I emailed hC to ask why I was forbidden to play here anymore.

Below are copies of my email to him & his response.

======================

My email:

Hi~

I play UT as YURA|Nasshat and I can no longer log into your server.

I get a message saying my ip has been banned.

Could you please let me know why I've been banned?

Thanx-

=====================

hC's response:

Cuz our new admin has an itchy trigger finger and your name technically violates our naming policy. I've kept you in, as you've been a regular for longer than I've been an admin, but I think the others don't know you as well. If you're willing to use a different nickname on the server, it would be really easy to re-instate ya. As it is, I'll do my best regardless. Post up on the g0t banned?!? forums on our website (www.gamerscoalition.com) and we'll get ya squared away. I really would like to see ya back on the server very soon!

-hC

====================

Well.. I would really prefer NOT to change my name.

Everyone I have met in the UT community knows me by this name or as -=sneaky[uSB].

[uSB] clan has been dead for 2+ years now and I only use that name at Atari & The Factory message boards so the old timers know it's me.

I guess I'm asking that you let my current name pass under the radar based on my past contributions to the UT scene.

*I've made maps for UT99

*I've made maps for UT2k3

*I've made maps for UT2k4

*I won 4th place matinee in phase II of the MSUC

Most of my works can be found at UT2003HQ.

Well, I guess that's all I have to say.

I hope you guys reinstate me.

Thanx for your time.

I'm going to lift this ban for the time being; I've been tolerant of those who have been "grandfathered" in, so it wouldn't really be fair to exclude him. I will leave the decision of the name up to you. If it means that much to you, keep it. I've definitely seen much worse, and the attitude certainly doesn't extend past the name. Keep in mind, however, that the environment that makes our server so enjoyable is directly a result of us keeping a tight rein on inappropriate language and behavior, and that your name technically does violate those very rules that keep all the jerks away. =)

See you in battle!

-hC

It was I who banned you; I remember this pretty well because I don't usually ban regulars but in your case I warned you both over webadmin and ingame chat then the first time I kicked you then you reconnected and I think I warned you over webadmin again then because the name remained the same and I did not receive a response I banned you.

I don't know if you saw/heard the warnings and there is nothing I can do about it if you didn't see them save to tell you to pay more attention to yellow text chat and to public voice chat.

I suggest you read the got banned rules before you post anymore:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...p?showtopic=303

Here are a couple keys:

4. Apologize.

Again, do not qualify your apology. For example "I am sorry I kept swearing BUT YOUR FRICKEN SWEAR FILTER IS STUPID!!!" A sincerely stated apology is your best bet.

6. Assure us that your behavior will change for the better.

Again, do not qualify it. Just tell us that you are going to find another way to vent other than breaking our rules. I mean just because your mom makes you take ballet is no reason to be a jerk.

This is a basic guideline. A respectful request is what we are looking for. Just remember that our server is provided by us for your enjoyment. You have no right to break, change or abuse our rules. We strive to create a friendly environment for mature players to have fun in. If you like this than you will understand the effort it takes. And keep that in mind as you beg on your knees for clemency.

This week alone I've banned asscork, 9up____jackass and quite a few others (I've forgotten how many) just for their names...

The point I'm trying to get to here is I think if we (I) let the language/naming policy go by the way-side even a little bit then that is inviting the above-named trash into our server. If we (I) let you get away with YURA|Nasshat how is that much different from asshat (someone whom I nearly banned today)?

I would have no problem with sneaky but I do have a problem with your current name.

Please change it before you connect to any GC servers.

Guest YURA|Nasshat
Guest YURA|Nasshat
Guest YURA|Nasshat
Guests

Sorry you see it that way, Mk5.

Well.. it was nice fragging ya all!

I guess I'll see yas around.

Take care & GG's!

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

YURA|Nasshat

Pronounciation:

YUR = Your

A|N = An

Asshat = Asshat

Asshat is just a slang term, can't really think of a word to compare it to..