More Star Wars?

Dennis

Star Wars Sequels?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clint in Hollywood : There will be more Star Wars!

Posted on Sun, 12-Sep-2004

http://www.moviehole.net/news/4219.html

Seems the troops at TheForce.net were right - despite the Lucasfilm defense attack - there is indeed something going on in terms of "Star Wars" sequels.

A couple of months back the site heard that Lucasfilm employees had been asked to sign a confidentiality agreement which stipulated that they had to stay zipped about Episodes 7, 8 and 9 - a sequel trilogy that would take place following the events of "Return of the Jedi".

Lucasfilm were quick to debunk the claim.

This week however I've talked to two very, very reliable insiders - one studio based, another connected to the cast of the original films - who claim that Lucas is indeed going to be doing the three sequels. "They're happening. They're already happening", one said "The three films are all in various stages of development as we speak. They're keeping them quiet for the meantime I believe, but Lucas has four more Star Wars films to deliver to Fox".

It's common practice for everyone to keep their mouths shut until its time to officially announce something apparently.

A few weeks back it was suggested - on IESB - that the sequels might actually be animated films, which would make sense, but we couldn't confirm that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard that what is happening is a TV series off the Star Wars Universe. Lucas himself said he is done making Star Wars MOVIES after Ep3 is complete, but he left it open saying that anything else is fair game.

AP: After "Episode III," will you ever revisit "Star Wars"?

Lucas: Ultimately, I'm going to probably move it into television and let other people take it. I'm sort of preserving the feature film part for what has happened and never go there again, but I can go off into various offshoots and things. You know, I've got offshoot novels, I've got offshoot comics. So it's very easy to say, "Well, OK, that's that genre, and I'll find a really talented person to take it and create it." Just like the comic books and the novels are somebody else's way of doing it. I don't mind that. Some of it might turn out to be pretty good. If I get the right people involved, it could be interesting.

also:

"This was never planned as a nine-episode work," Lucas said. "The media [pounced when] I made an offhand comment, 'It might be fun to come back when everyone's 80 and do another one of these.' But I never had any intention of doing that."

Lucas said he only decided to do the back-story trilogy  which "Sith," due next May, will cap  because he realized he had already written it in order to tell the story in the first "Star Wars" films. "The original 'Star Wars' was only three films, and that was what it was meant to be," he said. "After a lot of pondering and thought, I went back to do the back story, but that pretty much tells the story. Episode six is the end. There isn't any more to it."

"Sith" may mark the end on an emotional level, too. "All the good guys die," he said, laughing. "And you know, it's pretty dark. It's pretty intense. I'm not sure this one is going to end up a PG like the others were."

That apparently doesn't have so much to do with actual violence  like previous "Star Wars" films, this one will have lots of battles and space action  as with what happens to Padme and the children borne from her union with Anakin Skywalker following their escape and separation. "It's a happy story," Lucas joked.

man, I would be SOOO tinkled if they made 7, 8 and 9 and DIDN'T follow the official Star Wars storylines. For those who don't know, there are official Star Wars books that start the DAY after the Return of the Jedi ends...i.e. "The Truce at Bakura" starts out with the cleanup from the final battle at the 2nd Death Star. If Lucas ever made "the next 3" and they didn't follow those already well written stories...well it would just confirm to me that he is even more of an idiot than I thought.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I hope they do the set of books authorized by Lucas - the Heir to the Empire series by Timothy Zahn. I just finished those and they are VERY good books.

Yes, I hope they stick to those. They are better than the movies IMO. Thrawn was the coolest nemesis too.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Yea ZD - I just finished the second set of books he wrote...Shadows of the Past and Visions of the Future. I do not much care for the rest of Zahn's writing but the Star Wars stuff he did is better then the movies and I cannot put the books down.

****Spoiler for those who've never read the books****

Soul, I was disappointed when Thrawn died. He was a brilliant nemesis and it would have been cool if his Clone would have survived.

yomamma where did you get your sources from? since mine came as of just this month im thinking that they will be doing more movies.....

I get my info from: http://www.theforce.net/episode3/

The news I quoted was from:

Lucas Talks Star Wars TV Series

Wed, Sep 15, 04 04:40:47 PM EDT

and

Lucas Says No More Films

Tue, Sep 14, 04 03:02:57 AM EDT

****Spoiler for those who've never read the books****

Soul,  I was disappointed when Thrawn died.  He was a brilliant nemesis and it would have been cool if his Clone would have survived.

Thrawn was by far the best villain that Star Wars ever had...he beats Vader easily in my opinion...his cold calculating nature was just cool...and I ALWAYS love a villain that I find myself wanting to win maybe...because it means he's atypical and not just a "bad guy" that clearly needs to die. Thrawn thought he had the best interest of the galaxy at heart and he wasn't a sick and demented person like the Emperor....though he wasn' t Aunt Jemima either.

I agree Playaa.

Anyone who is interested in these books should read them. It took me about 100 pages of the first one to get the built-in impressions of Han, Luke and Leia out of my head, then it was fantastic and I could not put it down.

The first one is Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn for anyone looking for a great read.

• 2 weeks later...