Interesting Recipies

Brillow_Head

Shrimp Alfredo

I made this last night....it is awesome!

1 cup freshly grated parmesean cheese

1/2 cup heavy cream

1/2 cup butter

8 oz Spagetti Rigatti (or some other fine pasta...spagetti and fettucine are too thick and chewy, also more surface area for sauce to stick on)

1/2 pound uncooked, tail-on shrimp

4 cloves garlic, chopped

More butter

Pepper to taste

Cook Pasta. Add 1 tsb olive oil (so it doesn't stick together), stir, set aside and cover with a hand towel. Set burner to medium heat, adding butter and garlic to skillet. Then add shrimp, cook until pink. Combine cream, 1/2 cup butter, and parmesean cheese in a medium saucepan. Put on medium heat 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring twice. Toss shrimp and garlic into pasta, and pour sauce over pasta immediately after it is done and immediately before serving (this is important). Add pepper to taste. Much cheaper than what you get at restaurant, and just as good. :freak:

EDIT: WARNING! May cause spontaneous appearance of "double chin", contains approximately 10,000 grams of fat per serving.

Edited by 00b3rN00b

Made this last night for dessert, really healthy and really tasty!

1 pack of instant Chocolate fat free/sugar free puddin

-2 cups of skim milk (for the puddin)

1 jar of natural peanut butter (has to natural trust me)

1 tub of fat free cool whip (it's the light green tub)

Make jello ~2hours ahead, 5 minutes really isn't enough time.

Take small bowl, put layer of the puddin down, then layer of the peanut butter, then another later of puddin on top of that. Top off with cool whip, (add some chopped peanut on top if you have them around)

You can make these before and put them in fridge, there a nice little late night snack!

• 2 weeks later...

I did this last night for dinner, Bacon Wrapped Asparagus:

Figure about 3 per person.

1 bundle of Asparagus the thicker the better

1 pack of thin sliced bacon.

2 cloves of garlic

2 tbls of extra virgin olive oil

Preheat over 425

wrap asparagus with bacon, start at on end and wrap around to the other.

Heat up pan, sear the bacon wrapped aspargus on both side, then place on broiler sheet don't let them touch each other.

Drain grease and wipe pan down, heat up the olive oil and place chopped garlic in oil, be sure not to burn garlic (a minute will do)

Then pour garlic infused olive oil over asparagus. put in oven and back to no more than 10 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.

Place aspargus on a couple sheets of paper towel to collect bacon grease, and enjoy.

:wub:

Then made this for dessert. Mag's choco strawberry shortcake:

Half some freah strawberrys, place them into a bowl. Put a light coating of sugar on top and toss, let sit in fridge for a couple of hours.

Take a slice of chocolate chip poundcake, put strawberrys on top of poundcake (the juice is good to). Place a spoon full of cool whip on top and grate some fresh cocoa on top.

Okay, this wont hold a candle to Mag's last two. But I did this on Sunday and I'm still enjoying it. :)

scrambled eggs, with chunks of crispy pan fried bacon, toss in some cheese (I use American because Im wierd like that), Picante sauce, tobasco, salt and pepper.

Then put it in a tupperware dish to be eaten later during the week.

In the morning before work when you need to hurry, put your auto coffee on, stick some toast in the toaster, and scoop a few heaping spoonsfull of the eggys into the microwave for 30 secs.

That is a hearty healthy breakfast in under 3 minutes!