Not about Cars but Motorcycles!!

Xterminator

:= What I want to know is why the hell he stopped? :bang: I know a police car, even running in traffic, would have no chance of catching something passing him at 205 mph. Especially on an open road, which it would have to be since, at that speed you would have very little time to react to traffic, and on a straight road. Just maintain 205 for another mile or 2, exit hwy. Eat some lunch. BS around (translated to hide your crazy mofo donkey). Do the speed limit on the way home, grinning because you just proved that you could avoid the largest speeding ticket known to man and lived.

I wouldn't doubt that the bike could do 205 mph with some mods, but you would have to totally eliminate the limiter and change gearing. Those CBR's and other sport bikes are close-ratio to launch you up to a ridiculously fast speed in no time at all. But they are designed for a race track. Not going straight ahead and lunatic speeds.

I bet he was wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and helmet only.... o0o A full leather, padded, kevlar re-enforced racing suit would save you at that speed.

maybe...... if you hit anything that dinky suits not going to stop the brute force of slamming a tree at 150mph.

even just a curb or the GRASS. Hit the grass and when you start rolling anf flipping, say hello to a couple of broken legs and hopefully not a broken neck.

J, he stopped because there were more troopers a couple of miles ahead (probably about 30 secs ahead to him).

My comment about the leather wasn't just about slamming into something. Lowsiding, putting the bike over in which you go down with it (as opposed to a highside, which is dismounting from the bike from force, ie. flying over the windscreen after grabbing too much front brake.) would most likely cause you to simply slide down the concrete road. To put this into perspective let me say that plain denim jeans at 50 mph will wear through in about 4 feet. 4 FEET! And thats only at 50 mph... Standard quality motorcycle leathers will last about 86 feet. Thats not the high quality, thicker aerostitch or vanson leathers. Amazing huh... :o

I really do not plan on wiping out and Im defintely not stupid enough to do anything that will get me killed. I usually wear a t-shirt and jeans. My closest calls have usually been fairly low speeds around 20 MPH or so. Im not all that scared to wipe out at that speed. Ive wiped out on my skateboard so much that I know exactly what it feels like to eat asphalt. But of course I didnt have 300 lbs of enigne and wheels possibly landing on me.

My only close call at a fast speed like 50-60MPH was a golden retriver crossing the road. There was a car going the opposite direction as me. The dog started to cross and when he saw that car he hurried to my side of the road. I think my back tire locked up and the dog heard me slide and ran back the other way. Crazy man!!!!

As far as going 205MPH on a highway, that is just insane.

But im sure if I was to wipe out at 60 MPH, it would be a little different, with all the tumbling and flips.

:= At 60 mph, with just a t-shirt on, you will be saying goodbye arms, and hello hospital. Don't know the running price of skin grafts, and don't want to find out either.

Keep an eye out for the wild life, or not so wild NOFX. I had 2 squirrels playing in the road in front of me the other day, and they didn't pay a bit of attention to my nice loud bike..

When I say wild life, I also include cagers too. Drivers are some crazy creatures. :blink: