Rome Total War Help

Xterminator

I was able to do this one. In my situation there was a port right next the the city. Once I had clicked on my ships, I was able to get the 'sword' for attack on that port. My ship sailed there and, with great effectiveness, setup a rope barrier around the port. But I didn't complain cause it worked.

Then the stupid Senate STILL refused me a post when they made the new assignments. They asked me to help with another blockade a bit later and just ignored them. Maybe next time they will appreciate my efforts more. Of course in a game it usually doesn't work that way.

But remember that you do not HAVE to do the senate missions. It will help (especially the money at first) but it won't hurt you too bad if you skip a few (at least that is what I read).

yeah i have about 4-5 territories. Senate is really pushing for blocades. So far i've blocaded Carthage port and the two nearest ports to italy. I also had to take over the island right next to Italy Casilas.

What sucks it that your family members die so you have to keep replacing them around everywhere. When they died on that island i was like, forget it i'm not gonna bother bringing another guy. So what happens civil unrest, i pull out. Rebels take over. Next turn, senate wants me to conquer it again. But it's good my allies are pushign forward too expanding. One of them took over Carthage. I myself have almost taken out what's left of the Gauls.

Note: If you ever go into battle with Carthage...Auto the fight. I went in against like 100. But i had like 500+. Little did realize till it was too late they had war elephants....that hurt.

looks can be deceiving! member they can be hiding in forests ready to ambush. Just remember you have allies, it doesnt hurt to ask for help.

Heh i got in a war with greece and i blocaded Sparta. So they send a diplomat to negotaite a ceasfire. I walked away with 1000 denari each turn from them

I stopped doing the senate missions after awhile. Just stopped building ships so i could no longer do the blockade missions. But i had the most people popularity. And it came up a few times that the senate felt threatened by me and the popularity of the mob. But I got kicked out of the senate after i refussed to commite suicide with my faction leader. So rome got captured by me. Then so did the rest of italy. Took a little while to do all this about 15 or 16 hours combined i think between the two days.

i'm having it rough. I've conquered most of central europe but i'm focusing now on enemies of Rome. I took over much of the greek cities. They by far have costed me the most troops. They sank a ship carrying a full army......twice. That hurt alot.

What i hate is having to have a govenor in each place. It's hard to move them around especially when you dont have the family. But now that my empire is bigger it's a bit easier.

What are some of the troubles you guys are having? Oh and does anyone know if you can appoint a govenor any other way than having a family member be there?

You don't need a govenor in each place. You dont need them to make an army either. I have had captains of legionares become some of the greatest generals because they will eventually ask you to become part of your family.

Just have an army in each place and it helps. I usually exterminate the populance after i conquer 4 or 5 places just because its easier to control them without having a general. It's easier to control the countries if you are sourounded by allies and there are no countries at war around you. If there are countries that </3 you you should put a general in that city. Makes it easier to defend and keep the citizens from revolting against your control.

i dont think ur correct. I never really ran cities, i let the ai do it, all i did was make my own army, and i can do that without a general so i dont think that is the problem. I knwo you cant create stuff if its undersiege.

really? that's not the case with me. As far as i know you can't do anything without a govenor. Maybe in the old games. But not this one. If the settlement has no govenor ai can't do anything. Ah well i have enough to go around now :)

wow i just got out of a battle with the greeks. I was outnumbered at least 2 to 1 and i had a full army. I chose my battelions carefully. Note to all you guys. If you can get Hoplites GET THEM!!! they're a god send.

The whole greek army was pretty much hoplites. It was crazy. I lost so many guys, even had about 5 units rout. But i still beat em!. The key against hoplites is to hit em from the rear so make sure you gots cavalry! It's hard to move around.

Tips:

Does anyone have any tips on how to get settlements outta the negative? i'm having riots but i dont know what to do/ build other than put more troops in the garassion.