Scrim W/ Smiley?

:wavey: Hello, I'm a member of the Smiley clan , and we are building a 2K4 division. We are starting to have some successful practices however we usually only have 6-8 members at a pratice and end up using bots so we can all play on the same team. Even w/ bots on godlike, they are dumb as dirt. We are also convinced that the bots are using aimbots and cheat quite often! :boo:

Seriously though, I play on the GC Mobo II server often, and always have a great time. I was wondering if we could get 6 GC members to join us for a scrim. If you guys are interested, I'd like to shoot for this Sun. (10/24). I'll check back and post our server details & to work out best day/time if you think this sounds doable.

Feel free to check out our forums to meet the members & learn more about Smiley! http://forums.clansmiley.com/index.php

Thanks!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Srry we didn't get back to you soon Aberration...and WELCOME TO DA GC FORUMS by the way!!!

We'd be happy to join you in a few scrims...we have the same gripes with the ubermoronic bots that you have and it seems to me like this would be suiting both our needs. Furthermore I would like to extend this offering as a verbal (or typographical) agreement that /-=GC=-/ and become brothers in arms and dedicate both teams to the mutal improvement under the same coalition.

This basically means that we welcome clan Smiley to become a fully autonomous branch of our gamming community know as The Gamers Coalition. Let me explain this a little better...

/-=GC=-/ is a team started under the roof of a much larger organization which supports a community based in gamming, and nongamming endevours...we call this community The Gamers Coalition. We are always looking for others to help enrich and diversify the community. If you and your clan agree then you will remain 100% clan Smiley and observe all the rights, rituals, and traditions of your clan and also be welcomed as a part of a much larger social machine.

You don't have to pay us any fees if you don't want to and I'm sure we'd be more than happy to set up a public forum to help everyone communicate...and in turn I'm sure a few of us would sign up on your own forums and help the Smiley community as well.

In time if you choose you can opt for individual memberships to the GC and unlock our private forums. Who knows...GC and Smiley might merge in time for mutal benifit....

<gets off my soap box>....MK5 walks over and smacked me upside the head.

Or for right now we can start with some scrims and go from there...Just give us dates and times and we'll see what we can pull together. Deal?

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll post this on our forums so everyone can read and talk about it. Actually, I will probably link to this post for discussion as well. As for the scrims, our regular practice times are Sun. 1700est and Tue. 1900est. We can shoot for Sun 10/24 at 1700est as the first. If these times aren't good then I'll have to consult with other members and coordinate with you guys.

Congrads on the recent win on TWL!

Thanks again!

Looks like Smiley has a fairly established organization going on over there. Congrats on your success.

We appreciate your attendance in MOBO, obviously quality clients are always preferred!

I'm sure you guys will find some way to create a win-win situation for everyone. Thanks for stopping by!

Ok, lmao...I went looking for your servers and your UT private server is running a map called DM-Funnel-Fragfest3!

LOL!

That's great.

BTW, is that the only server you guys run atm? Look me up when you're ready to either change providers or add servers.

BTW, is that the only server you guys run atm?  Look me up when you're ready to either change providers or add servers.

:wavey: Hi Fatty & co.,

That's the UT division's server, and yeah, we only have this one running UT.

I'm also running a UT2k4 server that we use for our 2k4 team (@ 24.202.232.14). It's basically a home computer rigged to a good cable connection. It's pretty good for our practices, though being on cable it's not really suitable for ladder play (the TWL does not like cable servers). I'll keep your offer in mind :)

You do seem like a friendly bunch of folks :) Be seeing ya on Mobo 2 and in the scrims!

What other types of "divisions" do you have?

I followed the smilies home and posted on their turf... :D Nice group of people over there it seems. Then again, they have a that joker type picture on their banner...perhaps the people are smiling the same way everyone else was in Batman... :o:=:D

We're currently on UT and UT2k4, no other divisions. The clan was actually started on UT Demo, but nobody in the clan is really active in the demo anymore (the UT fullversion going for ten bucks might have helped that).

Which maps we will play?

I followed the smilies home and posted on their turf...  :D  Nice group of people over there it seems.  Then again, they have a that joker type picture on their banner...perhaps the people are smiling the same way everyone else was in Batman... :o  :=  :D

Hehe, on a surface we seems pretty nice and not rude or whatever. But once you see the bad side of smiley.. you cannot get away from it! Did u saw that on the joker in the banner he doesn't smile for real.. we got some things on his mouth that keeps his mouth in this position. And everyone thinks that he's nice and etc. It's a little bit the same thing with the smiley clan. ;)

No prob at all. I've never considered asking Thelo to demo on the server side but I can't get a client side demo to rec properly. The vehicles sit at the spawn points while you hear them flying around and when the driver get out it shows where he really is then if he gets back in it shows it back at the spawn point. :bang: If I do single player it records as server side and works fine. Do you guys rec demos when playing on other servers? If so I may have to pick your brains a little! There are many, many times I would love to watch and see what I did wrong or what I could have done differently.

I will leave the server choice up to you guys. If yours is busy we can use ours. Doesn't matter. I would like to play w/o using super weapons. I guess we can just use a normal map rotation.

B)

Hey Anaconda!

Yeah, I did end up joining GC. I spent so much time on their server and ended up playing with these guys so much that I just decided to join 'em! By the time I joined, I was used to playin' with a lot of them already, so it worked out pretty well.

Sorry for leavin' ya hangin' Anaconda! It sounds like everything is working out all right and that you do have a few good players in the lineup.

Looking forward to a scrim!

-Kor

Maps...hmmm. I'd say one of them should be Torlan, and one should be Primeval, but we can do anything you'd like to practice too. What size of teams are you thinking 6v6, 8v8, 5v5...and it would probably be cool to switch up a few players on each team for some fun that way everyone has a chance to play with match expirienienced players.

Hey now, GC is the first team I have ever joined! It will probably be the only one too. :D

But before I joined GC, I had a few other invitations that I was considering, Smiley being one of them. GC just seemed like one of the best fits, and after mountain_dew joined, it convinced me. I haven't regretted it yet!

-Kor