Scrim W/ Smiley?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What size of teams are you thinking 6v6, 8v8, 5v5...and it would probably be cool to switch up a few players on each team for some fun that way everyone has a chance to play with match expirienienced players.

I'd like to do a 6v6. But, if everyone shows up it could be a few more so we can just even up or rotate players in & out. We plan on signing up on the TWL Ladder soon so I'd really like to do at least a couple 6v6. After that we can just work with what we've got & have fun. :peace:

(edited)

Hey! We'd like to do Dria & Arctic as well but I guess it depends on how long we play. I saw that you have a match on TWL tomorrow as well. We could also do Red Planet instead of Primeval if you want since that's one of your maps for the match.

You can PM me or email to the account used to sign up here with the details for the server & I'll get it to everyone on our side. Also, can we get a copy of the demo?

Edit: Sorry, got my days mixed up. Good luck w/ the match today!

Edited by [S]Aberration

We were shooting for 5est (our normal practice time) so if you can get it set up by then it would be great. If not, then just post what's best for you guys and I'll let everyone on our side know. I need to get the server details as well.

Also, Arctic would be my last choice (because I know it's your first!) but if we get to it, it's fine. What better way to learn? :D

GG! Thanks for the scrim. I think some may be upset with me because I picked one of the best teams to scrim against. :D But it's good experience and a great way to learn. Hopefully, we'll make things a little tougher on you next time!

I have to say I found the skins confusing. Don't take that the wrong way. I just want to prepare for things like that if that's how the ladders are. It's seems bad to allow a red player to have a blue skin. Even if there is a red glow because the glow all but disappears when your close. It may sound like a dumb question but how do our skins look to you? How would we change the way our skins look if the opponent is using force skins? I have force skin turned on and don't know what setting would affect the color that I see. Or how I would affect the color that someone else sees on me. Is it a part of Utcomp? Like I said, don't take it the wrong way. I am trying to learn how it is in "the real world". If it's considered a trade secret then just tell me to shoo. :D

The server we use for practice is actually a home computer set up as a server. It's ok for practices. It's usually public. We password for practices but we may try to leave it open to avoid bots if possible.

Thelo's Montreal Server

Server Ip: 24.202.232.14:7777

Probably won't see much action there but if we are on feel free to join!

Our TS is kind of in flux. We used a public server tonight. I am going to try and use my other computer for our TS but I have to make sure I have enough upstream to play and run TS at the same time & which codec will work best. I'll post info when we have it worked out.

Thanks again for the scrim and I hope we can have many more!

I had no idea I had a blue skin...I certainly didn't change anything in my settings. :( I have seen that happen, sporadically, but I have no idea what the reason for it is.

I thought I could get away with the link gun on that hellbender because it is one of the quieter ways to kill somebody. If they're not watching their health, sometimes they don't even realize they are being attacked until it is too late. But when he looked straight at me, I thought for sure I was a dead man! I had no idea I looked like I was on the same team!

There were certainly some good games, and I must say that you guys have potential.

C-ya around!

-Kor

[edit] By the way, your weapon changes after the first 100 posts. ^_^

Edited by Korodas

(edited)

Yeah, I turned and looked and thought "Hey, thanks!" Then a split second before I died I realized.... then boom.

I don't think you were blue the whole time. I saw someone else at node 1 that had a blue skin, I think it was Chipper. Is it Utcomp that sets all those bright skins? I also saw some white. Are the skins supposed to be all blue & red? I'm just kind of wondering if it could be a problem on my side.

I was on a server last night and someone asked me how I was invisible. News to me. I just said "I can see me!" :D I also had the oddest thing happen on a different server. We were playing Arctic and when driving a scorpion out of the base in the middle of the round, I saw what looked like an airport hanger shaped image that was literally 1/3 the size of the entire map, floating in the middle canyon.

I just did a reinstall of the game. Maybe I need to do a reformat of my hard drive!

Thanks for the encouragment.

Edited by [S]Aberration

Guess I have a ways to go!

I figured it was normal for the server to force skins to ensure fair game. Isn't that what is done in ladder matches? I've seen some of your after match photo opps. and I'm pretty sure they were they same as how we just played. Maybe I'm not saying what I mean. I have force skins turned on so everyone looks the same. It's just the colors confused me.

I will get the demos squared away at work tomorrow, though I only have stuff from after I arrived. The server wasn't in match mode because I posted for them to pick a time (expecting something other than "an hour from now") and then went back to finish up my last two hours of analysis on the demos from our last TWL match. When I came up for air, they'd already been playing for over an hour. >8P

Sorry about that; next time I'll be better-prepared.

-hC

I will get the demos squared away at work tomorrow, though I only have stuff from after I arrived.  The server wasn't in match mode because I posted for them to pick a time (expecting something other than "an hour from now") and then went back to finish up my last two hours of analysis on the demos from our last TWL match.  When I came up for air, they'd already been playing for over an hour. >8P

Sorry about that; next time I'll be better-prepared.

-hC

It was actually more like 15 min from now. :D I should have posted the time again earlier. I thought we had decided on 5 but that was way back up in the post. Sorry about the confusion.