The big day :(

ConGregation

I had it all planned out. After newegg botched my order for my new vidcard, I desperately ordered it from outpost and saved some money. It was going to be close, card was ordered Saturday so with next day delivery (guaranteed by noon) it would be waiting for me when I got home from work. My one worry was that outpost might not get it sent Monday due to weekend sales.

I anxiously watch the order all day Monday. No action. Still says 'In Process'. But about 5 PM on my order list is says 'fulfilled' which means it shipped. But when I click on the order it still says 'In Process'. Im not to worried. Figured they are just slow updating their system. They have shipped everything I have ordered from them in a very timely manner. But when I go to bed no change. Still hoping...

Get up at 5AM and check it out before work. It shipped!!! At 3PM precisely. So I go to work feeling confident that it will be waiting for me when I get home.

No package when I get home. Not too bothered, figure it will arrive shortly. Check the tracking and it arrived at sort facility at 10:30 AM. Plenty of time to get it here today.

But as 2PM slowly reaches 5PM I get pretty frustrated. Nothing. Try to occupy myself with stuff but thinking about all you guys playing HL2 makes it hard. Finally just now I'm really tinkled that it never showed. Paid the extra dough to get it in time for the 'big day' and they drop the ball. I mean we have waited for HL2 for five years. Remember finishing HL and thinking 'can't wait until the sequal'....

So I call up DHL. They are very sorry. I agree. They say they will deliver it first thing in the morning (first off the truck). I say 'thanks' /sarcasm. I ask for a refund of my money which they guarantee. They say that I will have to contact outpost and have them get it.

bah.

Sent outpost an email.

Well I guess life goes on :twitch: