HL2 causing barf

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

http://news.com.com/2061-1040-5466528.html?tag=xtra.ml

November 24, 2004, 3:16 PM PST

Hundreds of buyers of "Half-Life 2," the hotly anticipated shooting game released last week, are reporting in developer Valve Software's user forums that they feel queasy and often develop a bad headache after playing the game for as little as an hour.

Far from sounding aggrieved, enthusiastic players greet the incipient hurling as evidence of the game's sophisticated graphics. "I am impressed and sickened (literally) by the level of detail," one player wrote.

Players have all kind of theories for beating the curse of the green gills, from taking Dramamine 30 minutes before playing the game to adjusting monitor settings to avoid possible conflicts with overhead lights.

We look forward to "Half-Life 3" being packaged with an airsickness bag and a Scopolamine patch.

• 4 weeks later...

Sad. If I had the time I could play HL2 straight through with no stopping and still be fine.

I mean, it's a freaking game. Just because it's the best does not mean it will do anything to you. A mirgrane, though, I wouldn't doubt. Staring at a computer screen for hours would most likely do that.

Edited by Kruten