Give Half-Life Deathmatch a shot?

Fatty

Push or Wait?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, so I hear it came out last night.

Do we jump on it and have a server up right now with the option to remove if it's just no good, or do we wait?

The question is whether or not we want to be on the forefront again, which would mean: rent then decide.

The other, slower way is: decide then rent.

Our budget allows for another server, we've been waiting for something. State your case.

We can always pull out.

I just finished playing for a little bit this morning. WOW!!! It was a lot of fun. The only downfall is that there are only 2 maps, but they are big enough to be a lot of fun. You start with a gravity gun, 9mm, and the rifle(forget the name), but you can find other weapons all over. The best is killing but shooting a toilet at an enemy with the gravity gun.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I am interested in trying it out. Put it up and make the rcon password the same.

Also, in the Steam update notes, we can now download maps from the server.

GC Founder
Put it up and make the rcon password the same.

Up or not has to do with a vote to spend coalition money, not your own desire.

Rcon password will not be the same. This would be posted in the administration area.

Can someone please post ALL of the update notes somewhere for me?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Up or not has to do with a vote to spend coalition money, not your own desire.

Oh, I know that. I assumed from another vote regarding this that HLDM won the vote on what to use the server for if it came out. This was when we were deciding on whether to keep the second Source server. :D

Now you are asking me to somehow remember remember 2 different admin passwords? :P

GC Founder

btw, I was always bent on teamwork....and always loved the teams in DM too....I'll mess with the settings, but expect to be able to climb on a team (not sure how it's going to work, can anyone tell me yet?)

I know in HL, if you wanted to be on your own team, you could just select a model nobody was using.

Anyone remember TooMuchCoffeeMan?

Again, if anyone can find me settings (cvars) for hl2, it'll really save me some time (although I will probably have them at home after I download).

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Sounds really cool, cant wait. Will it still be open to everyone?

Maybe we can also now finally get new cs maps.

We shoudl be able to add some custom maps now and people will just download them from the server. I would like to play that really ugly scouts'n knives remake. I am going to look at the SDK and see what I can do with a map.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I looked at the SDK. I have no time to learn that. lol