05 Mustang

Gond

I've always wanted a Mustang...well, for the last 23 years at least. So, both the wife and I love the 05. Look and sound. Anyone got any info on them?

I'm also liking the Celica...always like those too :)

Mustangs are not the most cheaply made cars. Saying that, however, it is a mid range domestic car. The engines, however, are not new so you do not need to worry about mechanical issues not being worked out for the most part. Tranny's I do believe are the same as the old mustangs (I am speaking of the GT's btw. The v-6 was bumped up to the 4.0L V-6 for 05. This is not a new engine for Ford, but it is new to the Stang). I would wait a few more months, and then catch Car and Drivers extended test drive results, or similar magazine.

As for the Celica. The only model I would justify putting out as much as they want for them would be the GT-S. The GT-S is the higher output motor with a 6-speed manual. From everything I have heard, there have been SERIOUS drivetrain and transmission issues with this car. Don't know if it only goes for the GT-S or for all models, but beware. As always, do a lot of research, check owners forums, respectable magazine reviews.

I will say one thing. 05 is bringing another year for the mustang, and it is guaranteed they will be back for 06.

The Celica, on the other hand, is going bye bye from Toyota's line up indefinitly. And there is a very good reason for the model to be dropped, I guarantee you that.

Hmmm...gt-s only comes in auto...strike one, strike two, strike three, strike four, strike 5, your reverse.

I'll wait for the reviews...good idea. I want to wait till after winter to get a car anyway...plus that gives me more time:)

Hmmm...gt-s only comes in auto...strike one, strike two, strike three, strike four, strike 5, your reverse.

I'll wait for the reviews...good idea.  I want to wait till after winter to get  a car anyway...plus that gives me more time:)

You're out! This is a sports car sir, manuals are standard! :P Just kidding, but they do come standard with a 6-speed.

Interesting...now I see the 6 speed in the spec but if you go try to price one the GT-S only has the 4 speed auto.  So, maybe the car is better than the web designer :huh:

If by pricing, you mean clicking on the Buy A Toyota at the top of the screen, then you had to enter your zip code. I think it probably checks on known available inventories in your area. Which might mean that there are no manuals in your area. It's a sad day indeed when you can't find a manual sports car...

On a minor side note, last winter while visiting the local car show I about flipped out when NONE of the luxury sports cars (BMW, Lexus, Audi, Mercedes) had manuals on the floor. They all had those damn dirty paddle shifters on the steering wheel. :nono: Only sports car that I saw to have a manual in it? Saab 9-3. In fact, ever trim level on the 9-3 has a standard 5-speed manual tranny. Nice huh? :boing: I think so!

I believe I have heard something about the mustang convertible as well. Would only make sense, since the convertible is part of the cars wonderful heritage. Just hope it doesn't totally kill the looks like the 350Z convertible did. They totally butchered that one. Made it a woman's version of a classic sports car... 350Z with no rear window line... Any opinions on that one Goot? :freak:

Looking pretty good to me! Website I ripped these off of said that production is supposed to begin January 31, 2005. It will be unveiled at the 2005 Los Angeles Auto Show.

RedfireVert-3.jpg

RedfireVert-2.jpg

RedfireVert-4.jpg

Personally, I would rather have this-

56.jpg

:D

I agree that the exterior is fantastic...very clean lines. The dude who headed the developement team said "We took a look at the years Mustang was done right"...then incorporated qualities into the new model with a modern twist.

However, I strongly recomend taking a good look at the interior...can we say early 80 boxy style...yeck! Still, I love the car...its a gripe I can live with.