Which PDA?

gOOters

This is going to be for my father-in-law. Honestly, he just likes gadgets and we are looking for something that will sufficiently appease his inane gravitation toward all things technical. It doesnt really need to have any special features beyond the basic PDA stuff.

Any suggestions for a qulity PDA priced at $200 or preferably under?

Definately get a palm tungsten-e if you can spend $200, I have one and its great. If you dont think he needs a color display and just want the most basic pda then just get a palm zire for like $100, but I would recomend going with palm.

Yeah, the Palms are solid. I heard the Handsprings were invented by some of the original PalmOS people, and the few I've seen are also nice, but I have to agree that Palms are king of the sub-$200 arena.

I think Dell has some Axims at $200, but I wouldn't bother unless you're starting at, say, $300, and can get wireless, Windows Mobile 2003 SE, and features like that.

I have the dell Axim X5 and the X3i, I love them both, one is the girlfriends and one is mine. We use them for everything from movies, mp3's, roms, books, remote controls, remote desktop via wireless.... i love em

the new ones have 624mhz processors and are about 400$, i paid about 299$ a piece for both of mine.