[Monitors] LCD or CRT

Ruff_Ryder

Which do you prefer  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My first LCD monitor was a 24" BenQ. I paid around $400 for it. Right now I'm using an Asus VG236H. I think I paid around $350 for it.

If I'm staring at a monitor for hours at a time, I want something that's pretty nice and I'm willing to spend a bit of extra cash. That's how I justify cost in my life, if it's something I'm going to be using everyday I'm willing to put down more cash for something of higher quality. Like last month I needed a stapler for ONE thing, I bought the cheapest crappiest one I could find, I think it fell apart by the time it was done. When I bought my headphones I paid around $200 because I knew I'd be using them just about every day. Maybe that's normal, I don't know.

Size is one thing, I'm still using a 19" LCD because going bigger costs more, which is fine, but is a 2ms response actually going to give someone an advantage over say my monitors 5 ms response time? My monitor may not be big in size, but a 3 ms response difference isn't enough to make me want to spend a ton more money.

Actually I've just come to realize recently that all of my spending now revolves around having a child. I can't buy a $400 monitor when I know I could have bought a nice $150 monitor and spent $250 on diapers or baby food. I guess I'm also spending my money on what I'm seeing and dealing with everyday as well.

Edited by samurai nightling