de_chessyard

Decoy

Since Fatty was so kind to put this new forum up, I would like to start it off by showing you all another map. de_chessyard

http://www.rpi.edu/~wiegnb/chessyard/

From my experience of running through it, It is small, but it seems like it would be fun. Plant the bomb in the middle of the chessboard, easy enough. CTs and Ts spawn opposite of each other on the map, obstructed by a few walls and chess peices. With a 24 player server, I think it would be fun to have them all run through this.

I'm trying to get in contact with the maker at the moment.

update:

Screenshots

Now you can see it in all it's glory.

Edited by Xonoxide

For those of you who do not want to download the zip file, I shall post some of the shots here. Download that for the full impact.

Click on the pictures to see the bigger ones, as these are merely thumbnails.

de_chessyard0000sm.jpgde_chessyard0009sm.jpg

de_chessyard0017sm.jpgde_chessyard0026sm.jpg

If they were really stone i assume they would wieght a few tons and nothing in the game would be strong enough to move them :) :)

LIES! It's just a picture over some lines made by some guy in a thing called hammer! It's like paper! They weigh nothing!!!! It's model airplane cement that holds them together... It has to be.

Guest Eschaton
Guest Eschaton
Guest Eschaton
Guests

Hey all, this is the map's creator.

Been kind of busy this weekend, sorry it took me so long to post here (I was also somewhat leery of the paragraph in the forum agreement thing that said I would receive notifications from GamersCoalition... even though this is a throwaway email account I don't want it getting choked with spam).

Anyway, glad to see at least some of you like the map. I originally considered making the pieces movable, and even tried to see if I could figure out how to model them using Softimage XSI, but it proved to be an exercise in frustration. :bang:

Maybe I'll just say that for now, they weigh several tons and are bolted to the ground to forever immortalize that position. :P

Guest Eschaton
Guest Eschaton
Guest Eschaton
Guests
Great map!  Have you tried turning other board games into maps?

Thanks, and no. I think chess is probably the best candidate to be made into a map because the pieces are somewhat interesting looking, unlike many board games that have identical pieces.

I was also thinking of making a map that uses the bridge props from that huge bridge in the highway 17 area of Half-Life 2, probably with a few trains stopped along it. Not sure whether it would make a better CS:S map or HL2DM map.