No more freak dancing!

appalachian_fox

(edited)

this principal needs to be fired

i would of been really mad if my senior ball had been canceled...

what next, no touching while danceing...no slow dancing, no holding hands

:boo:

Edited by huhuh?

this principal needs to be fired

i would of been really mad if my senior ball had been canceled...

what next, no touching while danceing...no slow dancing, no holding hands

:boo:

the same argument could be applied in the opposite direction. If schools keep allowing these kinds of dances what's next? Allowing Strippers in the dance to "do their thing"? Sex on the dance floor?

the same argument could be applied in the opposite direction.  If schools keep allowing these kinds of dances what's next? Allowing Strippers in the dance to "do their thing"?  Sex on the dance floor?

Now your being silly.

1) The strippers would be secluded in a cage pirched above the dance floor

2) The kids would go off to other rooms to have sex..

sheesh :D

Edited by Acid-Flux

lol, my gf worked at a school with a Jehova's Witness principal; she was telling me that teacher were getting in trouble for having a star on their desk at xmas time. They wernt alow to dress up for holloween, nor give out candy to the kids.

the reason that this is prohibited in some schools is because not everyone celebrates the same holidays. if a teacher is going to talk about christmas then he/she should include all holidays celebrated by all religions during that time...same goes for other things that have been banned in public schools. you have to respect everyone ethnicity.

i have no opinion on the above article, but it is unfair to assume that he is "jehova's witness," just because of what he deemed inappropriate behavior.

have a good day :)

Wow, I never thought I would spark a controversy. Me! Controversy sparker! Crazy, huh?

Frankly, it seems the schools want the job of raising our kids lately, and parents generally don't seem to be fighting it, I don't see what the big deal is (you know, besides the fact that some kids aren't going to get a prom unless the decision is reversed...Which they are considering just kicking out the freak dancers).

heh, well my comment was made out of pure comedic purposes. I meant nothing about the religion, nor did I imply that the principal was indeed a Jehova's witness follower. Maybe I should have stuck to my joke about Footloose or Dirty Dancing.. Oh well. If a kid is 17-18 years old, they can go to clubs and dance like this. Not saying it is appropriate school material, but there are some things to consider. They do allow the music to be played that this kind of dancing is done to right? Trust me, I went to prom. I live in a very conservative area of Missouri, and we still had very sexually suggestive songs playing all night long. But you know what they banned? The bow tie/garter exchange (Don't know if everyone does this, but the female wears the bowtie, and the male removes the garter and wears it on their arm.) This was banned per a certain students suggestion, not a faculty member. Didn't stop us from doing it though ;) We just passed the word around and did it during a different song. :D

Edited by General J

I'm not reading this thread because i don't want to get into it.. but i saw the initial post... I just thought it was funny cause I just did my Current Issues (CI) homework on this article and I had so many thoughts on it... and to see it here... hahah