Suggestion regarding the naming of servers

I have just noticed that the current naming scheme for the servers has changed slightly. Although good, at the present time they appear as:

***!DEFAULT CSS!*** GAMERSCOALITION.COM - >RECRUDESCENCE<

***!MYSTERY FLAVOR!*** GAMERSCOALITION.COM >CHUMBUCKET<

***!NoScopes!*** GAMERSCOALITION.COM >PROJECT MAYHEM<

Now, this is only something small, and most people might consider pointless, but I would recommend having the web page, and name of the server in line with one and other such as:

**!DEFAULT CSS!********GAMERSCOALITION.COM ►RECRUDESCENCE

**!MYSTERY FLAVOR!*****GAMERSCOALITION.COM ►CHUMBUCKET

**!NoScopes!***********GAMERSCOALITION.COM ►PROJECT MAYEM

OR

**!DEFAULT CSS!********RECRUDESCENCE*►GAMERSCOALITION.COM

**!MYSTERY FLAVOR!*****CHUMBUCKET****►GAMERSCOALITION.COM

**!NoScopes!************PROJECT MAYEM*►GAMERSCOALITION.COM

Now this would only work is the person is looking at the servers by Server Name, but I think it looks more professional, and could also grab more people’s attention. More people who might become regulars, and join the GC Crew (not like there isn’t an already outstanding crew).

Anyways, that's my two cents. Or as we Canadian's say:

That's my two cents, <insert any generic Canadian comment here>.

Edited by Acid-Flux

I do beleive the servers don't appear on after the other when browsing for servers on the internet tab, and if their alredy in your favorits, chacne are, you've been won over.

i really don't think it makes a difference, but then, it's the long names that bother me.. and "Default Css" isn't exactly eye catching in it's self.

i love seeing Gc working so hard though, and perhaps down the road i might join up, but right now i lack any method of payment, and the last thing i need is something to encourage me to play MORE, when i should be studying :P

heres a second Canadians 2 cents....Eh.

I do beleive the servers don't appear on after the other when browsing for servers on the internet tab, and if their alredy in your favorits, chacne are, you've been won over.

Well that's the whole point of when I said "arrange by name", some people do leave it on that, but then again I just notieced this becuase I have the 3 servers in my favourites list and they were all asque.. (i think that is how you spell it, asque meaning off center)

anyways, just a sugestion that I think is a good one..

any other feedback would be "cool mule"

The transition to the genre in front of the name really tamed down the people that would fall into Mayhem and be like "what!?!? I can't buy an AWP?!?!"

I then decide to give those people the benefit of the doubt to move the type of server in front of the URL....which of course I originally wanted first.

(btw, I should mention now that Chumbucket is now gone, we're done testing with it)

So, since I moved one, I moved em all and added some screwy stars so that they'd find each other in an alphabetical listing of servers.

The word default could be "stock"...who knows....just a way to say that ok, we have this server here...noscopes...and then this other one.

servernames.gif

Uh oh, I put an extra space in Mobo III earlier today! It's out of line!

So, instead of adding stars, etc...I just used synonyms to make it line up! Yay! Hope you like em!

Here's to great aesthetics in our server browsers! :boing: