bear^s tryin to add some meat...

bear^

i've heard of something called N02, and i think there's a better version of it called N0x now...

have any of u guys taken this stuff before?

diet of lots of protein and carbs

have some creatine, but isnt that just to improve recovery time in werkouts, so u can werk yer muscles harder?

im a thin build ( 6'4" 172 lbs ) (shut up)

my body lacks the required DNA that makes me store fat... or so it seems

hope that info helps

any ideas to help bear acheive "big bear" status?

thanks, ___________ !!!!

Can't say I'm a lifter. In fact, I abhor exercise!!

The only way I'd run a mile is if I'm being chased by someone with a gun ( or Fatty trying to collect dues).

However, I have a lot of experience with drug products and with people looking for "the edge" in lifting. If the NOx is truly a nitrous oxide derivative, then it's purpose is to dilate the vessels and allows increased oxygenation/waste removal in the muscles ( but also drops blood pressure). This would be beneficial to muscle growth and recovery, but the risk factor would be higher--you don't play with nitrates!

If it's not nitrous related, let me know what the ingredients are in whatever product you want to use and I'll give you a heads up on them.

Creatine/creatinine: From a biochemical perspective, it offers a minimal benefit over a balanced diet with high fluid intake. I'm aware of the sales pitch for it, I just can't see the logic in spending $$$$$ for a minimal benefit.

I've seen many,many different attempts to maximize output (insulin, growth hormone, chromium, melatonin, protein supplements, etc).

Most are worthless and the remainder give minimal results or have poor risk/benefit ratios.

My advice from the experience of countless others:

Lots of water, a solid diet and a solid lifting plan. Not very glamourous or quick, but safe and effective.

:D

Thanks for takin time to post that mrduke!

greatly appreciated

i will take your word for it, save my $, and stay with a solid diet n werk out program

i will send u my before and after pics!!! lol

thanks again buddy!

thx bubble!

some werk out info would be excellent!

i've had a decent amout of lifting experience, but am always looking to improve my valued werk out time.

lemme tell u what i know, (or think i know, hehe)

i try to werk out 4 days a week

day 1 - tris, chest, bis

day 2 - abs, obliques, lower back

day 3 - shoulders/delts/upper back

day 4 - legs

is gettin "whey protein" still a good idea? Even if i have a good diet, more protein cant hurt me, right?

i was told to gain muscle, do less reps, with heavier weight...

u take any vitamin supplements? centrum? flintstones (hehe)?

comments would be fantastic! :D

When I was actually lifting in high school and early college, I was doing a:

triceps/chest

bis/back

legs/delts

3 day rotation with abs and calves every day.

Never took a single supplement, although big growth of muscles wasn't really our goal. We just enjoyed being ripped...oh, I mean we were training for football. We did higher reps with less weight, and didn't make all that noise while lifting.

Welp, those days of 5% body fat are gone....

I lift 4x a week. This is my routine and i have been doing it for 2 months now and seeing good results.

Mon: Legs(leg curls, extentions, squats) 3-4 sets 10-12 reps a set

Tues: Bi's and tri's (Barbell curls, isolated curls, overhead extentions) i do any where from 8-10 sets of barbell curls starting with high rep and usualy by the ninth set i cant do more than 5. Isolated dumbell curls are next and i alternate them with overhead tricep extentions. I do one set of the dumbell curls at a weight that i can do 10-12x and then , with the same weight, i go straight into the overhead extetions.

Wed: shoulders and back(lateral raises and bent over rows) 8-10 sets of each. Starting with 10-12 reps and ending with 5-8. Do it til you cant do more than 5.

Thurs: I take this day off to let my muscles recover. I usually hit my abs pretty hard on thursdays.

Fri: Chest(Flat bench) This is my heavy day. When doing flat bench i stongly recommend you have a buddy to lift with you. I am a very competitive person and having someone to work out with is very helpful in motivating me to work harder. I do 8-10 sets starting with a weight i can do 10-12x and increasing the weight every set. However; on the 4 and 5 set I find a weight i can only do once or twice and then work my way back down to my starting weight. I would recomend do inclined bench on your chest day if you are looking to build your chest but i have a shoulder problem that wont allow me to do that.

I get stronger every week with the workout above. The idea is to work the muscle to total fatigue. Thats why I do so many sets starting with high repitions and ending with 5-7 reps per set. You dont want to hurt yourself so if you feel pain(like the bad kind) stop doing the exercise. I have a couple of friends who are bodybuilders and this is just a simplified version of thier workouts. These workouts never last longer than 45min to an hour.

Good luck with beefin up!!! Any questions pm me.

Edited by h4ng0v3r

• 2 months later...

lol, i will have to let u know next month

school n werk full time was getting to me, and i got sick twice in 3 weeks

havent been to the gym for a few weeks now

class is done in a week tho

:D

i will post a graph of my progress eventually