BeetlesMod

How does it select for the auto kick for reserved slot? I thought it was last conencted, but Ive seen many times where I get kicked but receently joined people havent. Is it random? Or Alphabetical? Would it help to put something in front of my name?

I think the mod might be finicky with how it chooses people, because i've played for over an hour - with *MULTIPLE* log ins and log offs, and i've still been kicked by beetlesmod (the console will tell me so) because Gc is joining, and ill check to make sure... and sure enough a .gc has joined..

but ill organize the players by time spent in the server and i guarentee there are players there who have been in on the server for only 5-10 minutes who are still on.

I was dabbling making a thread asking about this - as its happened multiple times.. but .. it doesnt happen that often - but it does happen.

OOOOokk. :D We have several very definite but different answers. LoL. I had noticed that quite a few times I had been kicked after and hour or more playing even tho several new people logged in while I was playing. Thats why I made the post....I thought it was by time ( other than the obvious filling-the-last-spot I mean), but was glitching out.

As far as getting a .gc on my name.....I knew that one was coming. :D

Im working on it

If you ever wonder why it sometimes feels like the server is skipping...well, here's what else it does...

Two things:

Every event that occurs on the server. Someone dies, someone spawns, someone says something, someone fires a gun, someone plants a bomb, someone joins the server, the round starts, the round ends, etc...it runs through about 1000 lines of code.

Then there's something repeatedly checks to see if something has occurred. It checks 30 times a second. On the 30th time, or twice a second, it runs through and runs another 1000 lines of code, like is the server full, etc.

Wow. Color me learned!

You done with your mod yet, DJ? What you report does indeed sound very inefficient.

However, I swear I've watched the last person in get removed when a reservist joins the server. For example: It's 24/25 and I see the list by time connected, I (or I thought I could) can see who I will replace. I can't remember a time that I've watched where it's not the last person. If you guys say it's random, then I believe that, but it didn't seem so to me watching. There's been times where at regular that I don't really want to see get booted is the last to join, so I'll wait 5-10 minutes and let em play until another newb takes the "last to join" spot.

Interesting. I'll pay even closer attention to this now.

X, the random stuff: is that documented or coded, or how does it work that we know this is true for sure?

I asked beetlefart. He says its random. I can also see it in the code. He basically didn't know how to get the lowest time on the server from the CS engine. I figured a way out how to do it but I'm having other problems with my mod.

I got my mod to do all basic admin commands, do a swearkick, post rotating messages and do a "proper" nextmap function. But it crashes the server. I'm not exactly sure why but I have a feeling its the nextmap function. Problem is, I dont have the time recently to continue on. I was going to do a proper reserve system but since the last update, I've just procrastinated.

Beetlesmod is waaay too big. And he does things very awkwardly that causes some server problems. I just stopped upgrading his mod cuz he keeps adding more and more junk in the same manner, making the mod bloated and slow.

For instance, in order to do spawntk protection, every round start he runs this loop that just churns the machine for 8-10 seconds...waiting to kick a tker. The smarter way to do it would be to set something to "spawn tk ON", then only check when someone dies. When someone dies, if the start time and the kill time is > 8-10 seconds or whatever you set it to, then turn spawn tk OFF. If it is < 8-10 seconds, then do a kick. That way, the bloated code only gets hit once or twice rather than 2-3 times a second.

Edited by DJ Premier

I thought this was the case.. I had one day where I noted the same thing (I kept getting booted over and over and over, despite not being the latest guy on server.) One time it even got me after 30 or so minutes of play. Guys with 5 minutes were still there. I think I asked Mag about it, but now I have my answer. lol makes sense, its the only way to explain the odds I get. =p lol

Wow on the bloating, sounds like gg no-reg to me with that kind of system resources being chewed on all the time by the dumb admin mod. Hopefully someone will write a more efficient one soon. (DJ get to work! jk.) Ah well, I guess that sort of thing is what // is for.

Cyall