Making VIDEO from demos?

Fatty

Ok, I know we've hit this one several times....

Does anyone know how you take the demo and create something that I can edit? I just bought a firewire card and some video editing software to use with my dig vid camera, and I'd like to mess with some CS video too...any leads are appreciated.

Long live Christmas break!

Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guests

i was checking out how to make soundboards at thescreensavers.com and they gave LOTS of help and also they took like sounds from the actual clips with musicmatch and they just recorded them and put them together like that.. maybe you could do that with musicmatch. just a suggestion.. also watch the screensavers and just call in, they will help.. seriously, you could get a call in .. i have!.. try them! they EXPERTS! :ph34r: ph34r! lol like that.. okay.. well try that !

GC Founder

Ok, looks like I've attracted shadowdog somehow...<wonders where he went wrong>

Anyways, I've got this cool editing package, so here's my proposal. I need a partner. You get me a bunch of CS clips, and I'll chop it up into a cool movie or intro or something.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

I would, i got some nice models with maxed out 4x AA graphics in cs but alas dial up limits my ability. UNTIL i get grab a USB memory stick (plug and play to boot. freakin nice) and then i can do it at work. working on one right now.

yeah that's what I've been WANTING to do but I don't have access to a TV in video card ANYWHERE!!!!

I'm working with a friend of mine who's a movie director (free-lance) and we're going to attempt to make an MCC compilation video at the end of the season (which is when exactly?)

We're going to start working on it pretty soon.

and Rev if you take the movie out of CS using a high enough resolution it doesn't look as bad but it takes up a TON of space....each screenshot (at about 35-40 a second) is 2 megs....so 10 seconds of film makes 40 shots at a grand total of over 800mb for just 10 seconds......:)

so yeah it's not gonna be exactly easy.....but hey.....

that's why I needed someone to be able to write a small mod for me....I want someone to make a small mod that would allow me to click a button while watching a demo and start recording a movie with a specific numerical name like "movie_scene_1" and then click the button again and stop recording and click it again and automatically start recording "movie_scene_2" without having to type anything....(I may have an idea how to do this using just a config though)

so Fatty.....I'm not sure what kinda vid you were planning on making but I'd like to work with you except my lack of broadband would make transferring such huge files almost impossible (I may have access to about 30 T1's in a few days.......new job....*giggle giggle*)

Rev I want that done...but I don't know how in the world you'd get it to me

:)

and I will have a lunch break and I'll be working on a contract basis making my own hours (which will still be pretty normal) and I'll have a key to the building.....so basically once I get rolling on the job I'll be playing CS on the weekends and some weeknights.......FINALLY!!!

*EDIT*

I found out it's not 30 T1's....that's still being transfered over from another ISP....right now it's only a T3 connection

:) (on this connection I once transfered 6mb in less than a second....it was fun)

it's an office in the same building as an ISP so they're on the ISP's network

well I'd hafta get the permission from the ISP and they actually have a gaming center on their network (though they limit him to 384k/sec) and he has a CS server so they'd prolly say one is enough

but what do they know?

• 2 weeks later...

Fatty are you adding sound to your videos? If so and you are not using video match what are you using. Im also wondering if there is a way to convert .dem files to .mov that would make editing on my imac hella easy.

Guest leo
Guest leo
Guest leo
Guests

playaa, the 800 mb you're talking is a lot, what we can do is compress the video quality, ever heard of encoding it with divx, instead of uncompressed mpeg format...:P

audio will be mp3 anyway, which is perfect because it will be the video with music...

Fatty are you adding sound to your videos? If so and you are not using video match what are you using. Im also wondering if there is a way to convert .dem files to .mov that would make editing on my imac hella easy.

Think he said in another thread he was using Studio 8.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or explain it please, but I thought demo's were just a database of player positions, shots, players, guns, etc. Then playback was just CS reading from the database and plugging in positions, etc. Because if you have special skins they show up in all demos, no matter who recorded.

That would make traditional conversion seem impossible. I dunno tho....if someone knows, please explain.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GotBeer?
Guest GotBeer?
Guest GotBeer?
Guests

ok, the way i do my movies is

1. geekplay

(then acdsee optional)

2. videeomach

3. adobe premiere 6.5 for editing and mixing music.

thnx to alphateam, slayer, ErBzz, and many other ppl that helped me figure out once i had an idea to make a cs video clip. err i wish i would not start it, it takes too much effort and time but it is fun afterall.

lol yea it takes FOREVER to make one. Now that i have one done, i have no host for it so everyone in the community can watch, BAH! im gonna try to lower my bitrate and maybe change resolution to shrink the size down a bit. I think i made it TOO high quality but hey....i wanted it to look good. 8P)