Forums...we got what you want?

Fatty

If you have an interest or feel others do, and you'd like to try your hand at moderating a new forum, let me know. I've had a great response to the call for moderators.

So again, is there a concept or topic that you think would make a great forum and you're willing to moderate or co-moderate it?

Let me know.

Things that moderators have to do:

moderate (go look it up if you don't know)

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

can i lead the cheats/ogc/config forum, since so many seem to be convinced I know so much about it :lol:

Guest catalystgs
Guest catalystgs
Guest catalystgs
Guests

How about a Neverwinter Nights forum? :lol:

Or maybe just other games/mods.

Guest catalystgs
Guest catalystgs
Guest catalystgs
Guests

How about a Current Events forum? That sorta goes hand-in-hand with Political Asylum, but it's worth a shot.

Guest catalystgs
Guest catalystgs
Guest catalystgs
Guests

I finally thought of a good one! MCC Predictions forum - The moderator is the only one who can create posts, but anyone can reply. The predictions could possibly in the form of a poll. There may be the occasional flaming, but hopefully the moderators can keep it good-natured.

Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guests

How about a Skiing and Snowboarding forum, I'd be a good moderator :rolleyes:

GC Founder
Fatty comon, me and Gunman, 2 moderators right there, I wanan do a lan fourm.

Did you think I was ignoring you or something? My scalp doesn't itch when people post to me.... :blink:

I would give any of these ideas their fair shot. Think of it as your own small business. It will be your job to create interest and get people to return to your discussions...don't expect it to just happen by itself.

Polls won't be able to happen...but polls can be created through any administrator, so that's as easy as a PM.

We give it some time, and if it's just you posting, then it can go away. You might call it a wrap a week after you start. Who cares, right?

Here's the deal. Send me a PM with your forum name, and a short description, and any additional moderators that you want.

All of your forums will go into a new catagory called, well, I'm not sure yet. If your forum performs, then bam!, you qualify, sit down now, you qualify to have your forum moved to THE OTHER STUFF!!! Think of it.

Ok relax...have fun with it..take it as serious as you want.

Looking forward to your PM. ;)

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

We do NOT want too many forums. Too much clutter makes for lost interest in the whole thing. My old school political forums did this and i left after 3 years of moderating and what not. Sad but who can keep up with 50 forums.

GC Founder

That's the reason specific people are assigned to only certain areas. I don't even click on wonderland.....but it's darn popular...that's why we need moderators...

If there's a forum to be filled with posts, why stop it? We just need to find the right people to keep track of it. Nobody says you have to read em all.

Well it's a gaming community...... a forum for other games that people play would seem appropriate

I'd like to know who else is out there playing Anarchy Online (this I'd really like to know), or Neverwinter Nights, or America's Army, or BF1942......or whatever

Games are more fun when you know or kinda know who you are playing with.....so crossing over and knowing others would be kinda nice.

Oh sure, I make a post about NWN and everyone ignores it, but now there's a big boom? :rolleyes: Catch me on aim (metalhendryx) if any of you guys wanna play sometime and i'll set up a server.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if a NWN board is made, you can throw my name into The World's Largest Hatâ„¢ for choosing moderators.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
A music forum, perhaps?

I 2nd that ^^^

How about an Entertainment forum rather. SO movies and books will also be covered as well as Music.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
Might be a good idea there with the entertainment....ST mentioned interest in a movie forum...could be like Borders...all that stuff included.

Unless you have other's to volunteer as moderator, i will. But put me on the bottom of the list.

i third that about the entertainment forum and would like to be a moderator if the post isnt allready taken. i would also like to see a forum where people could tell a little about themselves outside of counter strike and maybe we could all get to know each other a little better.

S.S.