AGP question

Laz.e.rus

(edited)

amd memory controller is built into the chip, so what ever the speed of the processor thats the speed of your bus. 2.6ghz =2.6ghz bus

intel has their memory controller on the motherboard and its only 8o0mhz

pcgamer says amd is better for games. "Athlon 64fx-55 is WAY faster in games thanks to its on die memory controller." pcgamer

Edited by shep48

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a64 are gaming chips. even the lowest a64 can beat the highest intel in most games. in windows you generally won't notice a difference with any modern cpu.

what do you use your computer for?

Good Luck with your comp upgrades, Laz. These guys are right on about the AMD Athlon64 chips.

I also wasn't specifically suggesting buying the system piecemeal, just thought that's the way you were heading. If you need the vid card now for your current system, then AGP would be the way to go. The proc Cujo suggested is almost the same one I have. I got the 939 though. Don't know anything about the DFI Lanparty mobo's though, as the last couple I've bought have been Asus, and I've loved them.

Like I said before though, do as much research as you can. Read the manufacturer's websites, check out www.tomshardware.com and other review sites to see what other techheads think about the components you're looking at, ask friends, then change your mind 300 times, :biggrin: (that's what i did)

Oh, and you do plan on overclocking that cpu, get the OEM version, and then buy a better HSF, because the stock cooler on those won't take the extra heat, and why pay extra for a heatsink you won't use...