problems with tking

There has been alot of team attacking and team killing on the servers lately. I know that some of it is accidental but is it possible to take a stronger stance against this activity. I know that if you tk someone in the first moments of a round you are autokicked but why not do this for any tk at anytime. I'd like to see the more inexperienced or immature players take even accidental tking seriously so that they can learn to improve that kind of negligence.

In short, let's encourage people to use radar by giving that quick slap on the wrist for each tk. I would love to see a 5 minute ban on every early round tk and an autokick on every battle tk. I know that sometimes someone runs in front of you and you cannot help but blow their head off but at least it raises awareness about the importance of not shooting your teammates.

-lux

I honestly think thats a bit too harsh, everyone makes mistakes.. some of them minor and some of them major.

Fortunately its quite easy to seperate the accidents from the non-accidental shootings.. but point-in-case no matter how well you watch your radar, or how much you try to not fire at your teammates, you will have an accident.. It'd be silly to think otherwise. If i got kicked for every TK i have ever made, i *dont* think i'd be doing it any less.

On some servers, after being TK'd you get the option of what punishment to give the TK'er:

Forgive

Slay now or next round

Blind

Take 30% of cash

I persoanlly think that this would come in handy in the gc servers.

The arguements for both for and against are below:

For:

-If you get someone who intentionally TKs you can kill them before they TK other people, which lowers the amount of TKs altogether

-If its a genuine accident, which happens 50% of the time, the player will be forgiven

-If your low on cash, being TK'd will enable you a little profit :P

Against:

-Accidental team killers may be slayed when unnecessary. (this however, may turn out as a good thing because it will make people watch their ff more)

Just a suggestion that may help clean up the servers... Let me know what you think

BiGBonES :smile:

Edited by *BiGBonES**

I like the autoslay for tks.

death for tw/tk in spawn, death for tk out of spawn.

Hey, it got me too!!! But, you learn to watch it! And when that mistake does happen, well, slaying and losing a round is better than a kick/ban for a .01 second oops

IMO.... :thumbsup:

On some servers, after being TK'd you get the option of what punishment to give the TK'er:

Forgive

Slay now or next round

Blind

Take 30% of cash

I persoanlly think that this would come in handy in the gc servers.

The arguements for both for and against are below:

For:

-If you get someone who intentionally TKs you can kill them before they TK other people, which lowers the amount of TKs altogether

-If its a genuine accident, which happens 50% of the time, the player will be forgiven

-If your low on cash, being TK'd will enable you a little profit  :P

Against:

-Accidental team killers may be slayed when unnecessary. (this however, may turn out as a good thing because it will make people watch their ff more)

Just a suggestion that may help clean up the servers... Let me know what you think

BiGBonES  :smile:

And now we have those in our servers.

gainst:

-Accidental team killers may be slayed when unnecessary.

OR BLINDED! Like I ment to drop that nade....

We are testing out a plugin which has changed lots of things right now. It might all be reverted, dunno.

I haven't read this but believe me, this is a big issue with me. Your average Joe is NOT going to be forgiving. The problem is, we are at the mercy of the plugin, and this one offers two choices for mid-round tking:

1)the menu which you're discussiong

2)an instant slaying...which really disrupts play even more.

ATM we've chosen the least of the two evils.