I need strength

[LaW]Maverick

Ok, Acid's post about his odd morning reminded me of this, and it's driving me insane. See, I have this professor that is completely nuts, and it's actually hurting my chances of graduating with the GPA I've been maintaining. I've gotta keep it up.

See, she hates me and my writing, but I can't drop her class either. The last paper I wrote was terrible. I know because I purposely wrote like crap to see how she would take it, and I got my highest grade in her class yet! She even went so far as to say that it was the clearest paper I wrote for her yet, and it didn't even have a thesis statement!

Anyway, if you guys could all keep me in mind in your prayers and what not, I need a lil' divine help to keep my patience. Nothing so serious as a death or injury, but I'm supposed to graduate this summer, and I can't afford (monitarily) to stay longer. This has to work!

it's for a literary crit. class, but the thing is this: I've never recieved antyhing lower than a B on an english paper since getting to college. I was a writing tutor for 3 years, and was good at that too. Anyway, I don't think I'm the one that's the problem. Anyone have any advice on dealing with a professor whom is not only cruel but has no idea what she is doing?

I also find it odd that she wears black every SINGLE day! Just a side note. :bang:

i feel for you man.

I have a prof right now who's treating the whole class bad. He contradicts himself on every turn. If you answer a question on a test with what he responded in class he'll mark you wrong. He harrass' us on our lab reports with his comments.

We were sick of it so we went to him and told him. He did nothing, then to our Program Co-ordinator. He did what he could, next was the Program Chair. Now with teachers unions you just can't fire the guy. So they're building up a case against him.

My point to all this is, if you think that you are being marked unfairly because of personal opinions between yourself and your teacher, you have to stand up and fight for your rights! See if anyone else is experiecning the same thing.

it's for a literary crit. class, but the thing is this:  I've never recieved antyhing lower than a B on an english paper since getting to college.  I was a writing tutor for 3 years, and was good at that too.  Anyway, I don't think I'm the one that's the problem.  Anyone have any advice on dealing with a professor whom is not only cruel but has no idea what she is doing? 

I also find it odd that she wears black every SINGLE day!  Just a side note.  :bang:

Be still grasshopper, and never doubt how much you have to learn.

I am sure there is a reason she is grading you lower than you have been in the past. Perhaps she is after content and less grammer, or vice verca. Either way, take the comments that she makes, and follow them.

This is my final semester of German. It had been smooth sailing until now ( haven't gotten lower than a B ). I have 9 books for this class, plus many other reading suplements. The teacher expects us to do 8-10 hours of work per week for a 3 credit class...and I am falling behind. I am starting to think that maybe this class isn't worth the minor...

She is a new teacher too, this is her second semester teaching and first teaching this class. She is a native speaker (and a German citizen)...blech...they always expect much, much more than American teachers:(

Edited by 00b3rN00b