Fishing Rods

Magruter

Yah that is why I am glad I live in the UP, Closest i get to combat fishing is 1 or 2 people every other bend. I know allegan dam and Tippy are some of the worst fishing experiences i have had, i don't care how many fish there are.

Here is my girl with a nie pike she got this winter, she normally outfishes me

000_0222.jpg

000_0221.jpg

Here is my best fish of the winter a 16 1/2 perch which was master angler status and I just coulden't believe what it was when i got it to the hole, not to mention it was -15 that day

000_0298.jpg

The 16.5" Perch is awesome.. You don't get them often! Where do you live and what lake was it? :)

Here is my girl with a nie pike she got this winter, she normally outfishes me

Ace, trust me, if you take a girl fishing with you, she will always outfish you. My wife caught a 5 lb. 21" smallie in Canada 2 summers ago fishing for bluegills in 10' of water with a worm and a hook. My cousin and I were throwing every crank, and spinner we could find, and then sat back and enjoyed watching her fight it in. :thumbsup:

Should have pics somewhere, but I'll have to look.

Welp went out, and caught the first bass of the year, and it was the onlyu bass of the year. A lake thrashing 8 incher!! I thought it was a rock. But it was a great day anyways, sunny and in the mid-50's can't complain. The water was about 70 degrees it felt like bath water. Now i have to wait till may 1st before i can go!

There's a lake about 15 minutes from me where last year we pulled our limit in perch in 2 hours but that was the best day. Most days we pulled 10 out. This year was a horrible ice fishing year the most we got in one day was 7 between 3 guys. But man are they are slobs, My buddy is mounted 1 16" and 2 15". They are about 3.5 inches from dorsal to belly. Bugs you've gotta try to find a pic of the 47 incher i'm drowling.

Absolutely. My 7' Ugly Stick with a Shakespear Catera reel works wonders. But there are also many times that I use my 5 1/2' Shimano rod/reel combo, esp. if I'm fishing river banks, or areas with overhead cover. I'm more accurate with the shorter rod, and it's also fun to fight th fish on lightrer tackle.

I went to the oconomowoc river over the weekend to check out the muskie spawn. One of the coolest things i've seen. We say probably 15 muskies biggest mid-30's, which isn't very big. Next week the females should be coming in that's when you get to see the 50 inchers! I tried to take pictures but the glare on the water wouldn't let it happen.