ViewDemo?

Playaa

alright, whenever I try to use the command "viewdemo" to make a movie out of a demo it never loads properly. I let the thing load completely like Fatty said before I even do ANYTHING to it....then I rewind it and start again but it has things like the wrong skins or it shows only 3 player names and the rest are all blanks......and their skins are always the artic T skin even if they are a CT.....can someone tell me why it does this and how I can fix it?

yeah....reinstalled Half-Life and CS and it still does this when I view a demo....all players show up with the artic T skin and no names but mine show up......maybe it's something to do with the demo's I'm viewing being from PODBot games.....I'll check....

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

viewdemo that's in 1.5 is just a beta version of it.

it has lots of problems.

ggrr....I found out last night that the "startmovie" command does actually record the viewdemo menu on the screen....ruined a couple shots....

I finally realized how long this is going to take to do an MCC montage....went through one match last night (CsLs_at_DLM) and got 25 scenes...took almost 2 hours...and that was without editing them and making a movie...that was just recording them properly...and it was only the first half of the match...........

now...onto the other stuff...

I recorded my movies in 1024x768 so that I can have good quality (and make them smaller later) but even at that it doesn't look the best....and using VideoMach how do I make the movies use the DivX codec? (I think I figured it out but they have HORRIBLE quality when I do that, they use 320 resolution with the DivX5.0.2 codec)

After I use video mach to smash the bmps together, i use studio 8 to create the movies. I also use studio 8 to do the rez reductions, etc, and to compress the different avi's created by video mach into divx format

so fatty you don't make avi's out of the images with VideoMach?

I was taking them from bmp's to avi's with videomach and then editing farther with Windows Movie Maker (cause it's all I have)

what company makes studio 8?

and Rev....I would love someone to do that....are you volunteering?

:)

I've been skipping geekplay, and just issuing the makemove command in the console. I'm not sure what the benefit is, although it does allow you to remove type and sound and change the rez (although you should record with hud_draw 0, and leave out sound, and I change rez with the studio 8)