de_contra

Fatty

Another good map.

One thing that concerns me is that one of the bomb sites is so ever close to the T side.

While ct's are a little further away, they have the disadvantage of being constricketed to a 1 maybe 2 man hallway which I can forsee to be a problem if ct's rush said bomb site.

It's a keeper as well in my mind.

GC Founder

Imagine the teamwork that can happen once this sucker is memorized.

CT's can get to that site faster than T's can. Either side can plague the other with flashes and smokes over those boxes. Teamwork and planning a must.

Very complex, several routes for diversion and flanking. Areas available for awp surpression, yet awps can't dominate the map it seems.

Plays great with 28 players.

(edited)

At first I did'nt like this map at all, but after playing it a few times I found that this map is probably the most well rounded map of all. Both open areas for sniper weapons and tight coridors for close combat. LOTS of hiding spots. Both bomb sites are readily available for T's & CT's alike. Both are used. A large map that will

have a bit of a learning curve, I think it would eventually be a a very exciting map.

It's going to be a tough choice between contra and flash for the top spot for me.

check out some of my screenshots at http://ca.msnusers.com/counterstrike-contra :thumbsup:

Edited by wayfarer

This map is pretty decent.....somewhat thought out structure, amazingly good job on continuity (great fps) - some of the areas in this place are just poorly constructed however, out of the 2 customs I played, this one wouldnt be all that bad to play. I could see it in a rotation =]

GC Founder

Understand that these topics are for discussion...and there's no such thing as a "vote" in here. Opinions are obvious, but nobody is counting votes in here, just fyi.

Voting on contra, alivemetal, and deltamill2 will take place on TUESDAY and one of those maps will be removed.

Also note that your vote doesn't count unless your stats show you've played all of the remaining maps.

GC Founder

I like this map. Room for some awps work in the center but you don't have to go that way. Lots of flanking opportunities.

Smokes and flashes can play a HUGE role.

Yes, gentle on the FPS.

Of the last 3, I'm most likely gonna cheer for contra. Besides, hey, it's got a CAL endorsement! That really does have to mean something!

I still like it, you've got a quick site, and a long site...good for mixing it up. The textures all was together, but its very easy on the texture buffer and hence higher fps. However, just like Dust2, if you go to the wrong bomb site and the other team rushes it, you're hard pressed to take the area back.

Good teamwork map. Me likie.