Serenity

Xterminator

just watched the trailer and was coming here to post it.

I have been waiting for this thing forever!

Sadly it was origionally supposed to release around the same time as Episode III but they moved it so they could get better ticket sales......which means we have to wait until September 30th

:(

I cannot WAIT for this...I can't even accurately describe the enjoyment I get out of this show (that goot still probably hasn't watched).

oh...and Fox Networks Sucks!

M2...here is what you do.

Go sign up for Netflix free for 2 weeks.

Get the first Firefly DVD.

Return it after watching.

rinse and repeat until you have used your 4 weeks free (after you try to cancel they offer another 2 free weeks)

then your life will be complete.

(edited)

bad news guys.

its not one movie

yeh. thats right. real pity here.

when universal signed the deal with joss, they signed a 3 movie contract. mmmmm.

According to an interview with Alan Tudyk, this is the first movie in a three-picture Firefly contract with Universal

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/trivia

and we finially get to see reavers. i can't wait.

it all makes sense so far though, river being an assassin/killer/kung fu robot/whatever...

i'm really let down on not seeing shepard in it, he was one of my favorite characters, he just had so many unanswered questions about him from the series... why did he have the alliance ident card, why did he know military grade weapons, why was he a killer shot...so much , so good.

i can't even imagine that they are gonna be able to answer all of my questions... after watching the special features, i wanna know all the secrets on that ship..

like, will mal ever get any from her :(

and m2, if you like sci fi at all. jus buy the boxset.

Edited by ishmael

oh yeh. and for those of you who wondered why i randomly joined this section...its solely because of this movie. not enough people are excited about it on the doh website..so i needed to rant and rave to someone.

i live for this show.

there were some sceenings the past 2-3 weeks.

i was reading about them.

everyone who saw it so far has none nothing but rant and rave about how wonderful it is. the phrase "couldn't be better" "wow" and "i love joss" were used as nausia.

Ish, I'm glad there's another Firefly addict in here...it's pretty much me and X from what I know. :P

I think that's AMAZING if they're gonna make a 3 parter...assuming Joss makes it in the same way as he made the show, I don't see how it could be bad and giving me 6+ hours of new Firefly....well...that's about Heaven if I ever saw it.

yeh. man. i'm a complete addict. everyone at where i use to work , all we ever do is talk about it and try and figure out whats gonna happen in the movie.

there have been 30 screenings of the movie already throughout the us, evidently it is doing wonderful. i keep hearing that he shot it just like he did the show and he kept it very true to what all the fans wanted.

Add Cobalt and I to the list. I read through this, and have been watching Battlestar Galactica as of late. I was like "hmm.. Firefly.." well, my guildmates on WoW also happened to bring it up, and had nothing but good things to say about it. For example, "worth buying on DVD". That says a lot. I also found out that Firefly used the same effects company as Galactica, and I love the effects in Galactica.

So, long story short, we have "procured" Firefly, and are about 4 episodes in.

Absolutely...Awesome. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Java...Firefly is like a good wine....it only gets better with age.

I can still watch episodes and find little nuances I never noticed before (and this is after 9 complete viewings of the entire season).

I thoroughly encourage you to watch the commentary for the last episode "Objects in Space" after watching the episode...it helps put alot of it into perspective (and it is a strange episode, however it's also a very good episode)