sell me your laptop

Preacher

My sister is looking for a laptop to send with my niece to college. It needs to be a p3 or newer but the catch is that it needs to be in the $300 or less range. I can find a few online but since they offer no warranty on the battery anyway I thought I'ld just try to buy one from you guys. It doesn't need to be a gaming machine, my niece doesn't do anything but use Office XP Word and instant messenger anyway.

Thanks

you can probalby find one on ebay, but its going to take a little researching. I bought a dell c100, p3 866 ultra portable laptop with a good battery for 350 bucks. Only deal was that it had some bright spots on the screen.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
you can probalby find one on ebay, but its going to take a little researching.  I bought a dell c100, p3 866 ultra portable laptop with a good battery for 350 bucks.  Only deal was that it had some bright spots on the screen.

I am working on getting this P3 at my work running. Let me work on it some more tomorrow and probably after the weekend and get back with you. drop me an email at my work email so I will not forget. Lee (at) Archercomputers.us

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Still working on it. As soon as I can get it to boot from CD since there is no floppy drive, I will be good to go.

my 2cents-

abandon the warranty criteria. you're going to need to replace the battery and transformer on any laptop > 1yr old (i've seen em go within the first six months).

but, if you buy an aftermarket battery and/or transformer (say from best buy), you still get the one year mfg warranty.

lastly, more bang for the buck on desktops. i know it's not ideal if you're in the dorms...

I used same argument but they are sticking to the Laptop request. I could build them a very nice system for the $300 they are spending on an old laptop lol. But who listens to the Tech guys? We know nothing.

The point I was making about the warranty was that since there wasn't one on a used laptop, there was no point in buying from a company so I would rather pass the cash over to one of the guys here.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Preacher, that laptop isn't sellable. It is an IBM thinkpad and it is nice except that it is giving a 8611 or 08611 error upon bootup which means it is a system bus error. I've taken it apart to see if it was maybe a bad cmos battery but it isn't. Just a dying laptop. I could not sell it to you even if you still wanted it. Would not feel right about doing that.

I dont have one to sell, but had one last year in the dorms and was fine. However, i did use a laptop lock, and kept it locked to my desk. Plus my roommates and self were good about keeping our door locked. Good luck with the hunt

Actually Preacher, I'll have one shortly to sell. I just bought my wife a new one today.

It's a Compaq with an AMD XP 1800+ Processor, 512 mb ram, 40 gig hd. Screen is only a year old(Had it replaced last year). Laptop itself is just 2 years old. Still in good shape. I've still got all the books, software and original box for it.

I will be outta town this week. So, nextweekend I plan on reloading it to it's factory defaults. If you're interested I'll sell it for $300 plus shipping.