baby gift suggestions

stutters

one of my good friends from back in michigan just celebrated the birth of his first daughter. he's the first in my group of friends, and the rest of us friends are staring at each other with stupid looks for gift ideas.

so, elder gc council, any recommendations? what do you get someone who can't play cs yet?

A notebook mouse, that should be small enough to fit her hand. :biggrin:

Actually, since they have a new baby girl, clothes are always helpful, bids, and diapers. Those are the things that the new parents will go through the most of. You might want to ask how their stock of bottles and formula (if they are feeding her that way).

Hope that helps.

yeah, stuff like clothing and toys from babies r us.

if i had a baby i dont think i would appreciate getting diapers. its practical, but it doesnt have the same effect as a gift.

you dont give some one toiletries for their birthday.

A notebook mouse, that should be small enough to fit her hand. :biggrin:

Actually, since they have a new baby girl, clothes are always helpful, bids, and diapers.  Those are the things that the new parents will go through the most of.  You might want to ask how their stock of bottles and formula (if they are feeding her that way).

Hope that helps.

took the words right out of my mouth.

if i had a baby i dont think i would appreciate getting diapers.  its practical, but it doesnt have the same effect as a gift.

If you go with clothes, get clothes that are bigger clothes...say 9 or 12 month. We got inundated with newborn clothes and our daughter grew out of them in no time. It was nice to already have some bigger clothes that some people had thought ahead and purchased.

As far as getting diapers...I think its a great idea. We had one friend give us a huge box of diapers and wet wipes. Practical and definately needed. From a new parent(our daughter is 6 months old now) I can understand the thought you're having there, but after about a week, your friend will be praising you. You can never have too many diapers.

if i had a baby i dont think i would appreciate getting diapers.  its practical, but it doesnt have the same effect as a gift.

I'm a parent, diapers were given at the baby shower. They actually had to bring a pack to attend. They go through them quick and they aren't cheap, specially for new parents. That's the last thing you want to worry about at 4 a.m.

Diapers!!!!!!!!

Emily, once you have a kid you will understand. After time the cost starts to add up and you will wish for a break from diapers.

Personally I think you should give what they will need not what they will want.