SWAT 4?

Fatty

I just happened to see this in our server control panel news from XGS:

SWAT 4 Test Servers!

04/30/2005 9:16 pm CDT

Here is a couple test servers in Dallas that you all wanted me to put up. I will have a few in each location hopefully tomorrow or Monday. I will have it on the Order form soon I just like to properly test and tweak before renting out. An XGS Client is going to be helping out with admining the server so if you would like to join him in this test let us know. Have Fun!

SWAT 4 Servers:

69.12.5.29:10480 16 Public

69.12.5.29:10490 COOP Server

COOP catches my eye. Anyone ever play this?

I saw a reveiw for it on G4, looks similar to Rainbow Six. I'm ont sure if pay to play it though. From what I saw, there were mainly hostage situations, drug busts, etc.

I have it. The officer AI is pretty stupid but if you playing it online that won't matter. Theres also some annoying bugs here and there. Such as the UMP is over 30 times stronger then it should be do to a coding messup. Me and my brother play it COOP on our LAN and we have a blast with it.

I played the demo as well. It did feel a lot like Rainbow Six to me, especially the movement speed. I agree with Kruten, movement was painfully slow, though it didn't seem as much so as Rainbow Six. However, it was an enjoyable play, and the added element of arresting suspects and securing weapons was pretty darn cool. Also, the game seems more "balanced" hit-wise than Rainbow Six: Raven Shield was: ie, operatives in Kevlar and helmets having shorter life expectancies than terrorists in shorts and flower-print shirts.

I'd try it multiplayer if a friend had it, but I wouldn't go out and buy it.

Edited by appalachian_fox

K, I still think it looks slower than the Discovery channel shows I've seen and what I've heard from officers...but hey, I've never attempted an entry like that, even without weapons to pretend to be cool, so I'll have to change my plea to ignoramus on this.

I do agree about the officer AI, though. Wasn't too obtrusive in the demo but I could see how it could be a pain in the full game.