added more ram got less fps

shep48

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
dual channel on an amd64 machine will run at 333 instead of 400, and at 2t command processing. you are right in returning the ram. for future knowlege the new dual cores should have it fixxed

It runs at 333 if you are using one of the older SIS chipsets or if you are using 4 sticks of Memory. I've built several A64 systems using dual channel and 400HT (fsb). It is a bug with 4 Sticks of RAM.

It runs at 333 if you are using one of the older SIS chipsets or if you are using 4 sticks of Memory.  I've built several A64 systems using dual channel and 400HT (fsb).  It is a bug with 4 Sticks of RAM.

Its depends more on the processor than the mb, have you done your reading on these?

Ok I forgot to post.  I did not gain 1 single fps  when I went from 1gb ram to 2gb ram.  Im running these here

Its maxed out.

i coulda told you that... lol. if you run at 1600x1200 with aa and af maxxed then you might notice a difference. if i run at 1280x960 with everything cranked my peak ram usage jumps to 900mb. same res but without aa and af and my peak never goes higher than 700mb.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Its depends more on the processor than the mb, have you done your reading on these?

It may be an issue with both. I can't remember where I read it but there is an issue on a particular board when you go over 2 sticks of RAM and dual channel.