Wierd Lag in CS ONLY...

Gunman

I was wondering why I get huge lag all the time when I play CS but not when I browse the net and things like that. It just started today...and it only happens while I play CS...it makes no sense because I reinstalled...tried default configs....nothing is working...please help me...

Gunman

if it just started today you could have some crazy program running that you dont know about or it could just be your interent connection is "doing something" and could be laggy...i would call your internet provider and they would tell you if they are doin any repairs at this time

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
try turning your vgui menus off and going to old style, changing your smoke quality and close all other programs using internet while you play, it makes a big differance

That is hardware lag, not internet lag. Gunman is referring to internet lag. Sounds like either you may want to reinstall your networking. Maybe to a latency/bandwidth test to determine if there may be a problem with your internet. Or double check to see if DX9 is installed. There are reports of networking issues with it. They are not proven but many complaints about it.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
Ping tests revealed that my ping is fine...except in CS...

Gunman

try some different servers. Could be a router problem. Try many different ones. I have the problem once.

Also, on the bandwidth test on www.dslreports.com it tells you if there is packet loss and etc. This may be where it is coming from. Take a look.

also make sure your rate isn't set too low. Maybe an admin messed with your settings.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Then i would say it is either a router issue between you and the servers or your ISP is frigging up. Bandwidth and d/l speed isn't necessarily the same of ping times. Your "modem" could be having issues. Call your ISP. Have a line test done, and have them test your modem.

You wont see the same kind of lag spikes out of CS. Make sure you dont go play CS with a Peer-to-Peer file sharing program like Kazaa. Those reak havoc on pings in CS. If you have NT,2000,XP run a network performance test in the mmc. That will tell you where all those packets are going.