MS2 - de_3rdstreet

Fatty

(edited)

This is another pretty fun map. Everytime I've played, with even teams, the games have been fairly even score-wise.

It seems to be a well thought out map, with multiple angles, elevations, and routes to travel, defend, and fire from.

Two other things:

1) You can always get a kick out of watching someone not get out of the way of the train. Nothing like hearing it coming and not knowing where the stairs are. :=

2) You can bet people will spin around on the merry-go-round and try to slide down the slide.

Yes, not the most tactically engaging comments, but amusing never-the-less.

It would be nice if you could NOT hear people running through the water in the sewers though. That goes for all levels with water. Hearing people running in the sewer through the pavement or ground is a little bogus...

But, I like this map! :thumbsup:

Edited by whudats

I'm guessing this is the map with the subway and the ladder to get out of the subways path? It's an interesting map, but I played it with a guy who liked to block the ladder and get his teamates crushed by the train. Aside from that silliness, it looked fun. Not the prettiest map, but it seems to have something for every style of play.

This is deffinatly a well thoughout map.

There are several routes to the bomb sites and it seems like there is a even match between open area and closed halways. Im sure once we get through all the "ive never played this map", "where do I go?" we should have a pretty fun time on a full server.

I don't care for this map. And here's why: CT's spawn in a small room and it takes several critical seconds to untangle yourself from everyone else to get out. Whereas the T's spawn in a generally large open area and don't have this problem. So, they are off and running while CT's are still playing "monkey in the middle" at spawn.

Thumbs down from me.

Hard choice for me to make.

First off, I love on the T side how you can just bunch everyone into the elevator and then break out once it reaches the top (Don't get pinched by the doors ;))

On the ct side, you are out of luck if you have an afk in the hallways. And even if you have no afks it is still hard to get around (Like Lunk said)

Like I said, its hard to say, I'm ½ and ½ on this one.

1. I had fun while playing it.

2. Offers a challenge for both sides.

3. Gameplay intensity is average.

4. Graphics are average.

5. There's a train.

I give this map a 3 out of 5.

I like this map. There's so many ways the T's can approach the bomb sites. It's an all out blitz.

For the CT's, they have to spread out to control the choke points (subway underground entrance, staircase that leads to crosswalk above subway,etc).

The playground however is a foot race. It's alot easier for the T's to get organized and make it there. For the CT side; if someone stops or goes afk in the narrow hallway, it's over...

I like this map alot. I agree with the above posters and the CT spawn; it is a little cramped. Other than the CT spawn it is a very solid map. It seems to have been very well thought out, and the train and elevator at a little more fun for those of us who did not know better our first few times playing the map ;). One reason why I enjoy having this map in the cycle is that it is not a map made for sniper wars. Having this map in the cycle is great after playing a map like de_port or de_aztec. It takes a change in tactics that makes play more fun and interesting, on the stock servers anyways. But the best part aboot this map has to be the playground equipment. If the CTs won't share, then the Ts will blow it up. Mwuhahahahaha!