Battlefield 2 - DEMO AVAIL NOW!

k-wix

There are videos out there (somewhere) that shows a sniper killing a helicopter pilot while he was hovering and shooting at something on the ground. I haven't played to much online to get a good chance to shoot people at point range while they are inside vehicles but in single player with bots i have killed several through the front windows of the USMC Hummer. I would have to go on LAN with my brother to test and see if theres certain windows you can shoot through or not.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try it out if you get a chance Voodoo.  I know things will go through the empty areas of the helicopter (open doors, etc.) but I am not sure about the windshield.

Game is pretty cool at any rate.

I found out it depends on the calibur of the weapon. A sniper CAN shoot through windows of a helicopter...but only if he has the upgraded sniper kit with an M82 which is a 50 calibur high powered antimatter sniper rifle. So my guess is the support class machine guns would be able to shoot through the windows too. Not sure about the rifles and i'm sure theres no chance for the pistols.

Good to know! :boing: I found an "unlocked" server with a few people on it earlier and got to test the .50 cal sniper rifle. :o Can you say one shot kills? I am definitly thinking classes are going to have to be controlled as to the number of each. Either that or this game will become sniper wars very very quickly.

PM me if you want to know how to unlock the weapons on your own server. You can create a LAN game, blow up some planes, fly some helicopters, shoot the locked weapons. :)

Thanks! I found a forum yesterday ( :hug: Google) that had the unlock info in it. You would think that if they didn't want people getting to use them, they simply would have removed them from the demo... But oh well.

Anyone have any secrets on "Being a Successful Pilot?" I suck at flying. I can get the jets to wherever I need to go, possibly drop bombs that really don't hit anything and then parachute. With the heli's I can crash really well. I have seen some of these people that can bring the jets and copters back to the carrier to land for repairs. I guess I don't know the secret of being a good pilot yet. Someone help me out! :lol2:

Practice Practice Practice. :)

I bought the game yesterday. Very fun. Though the screenshot from above must be from an older build of the game becuase you can't customize your character. But you can get medals, ribbons and such. I got two so far. :P