Battlefield 2 - DEMO AVAIL NOW!

k-wix

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That filerush one that was posted. Gamespot was non-responsive.

Make sure you have more than one port open for the torrent stuff (if you haven't done that already) - even so, my max speed was between 60 and 90 tops - with a lot of 45 for most of it. So many people, not enough seeds at start.

-Fk

Hmmm....

Interesting. I hate plodding around though (that would be walking) - too much UT in my blood.

Need more time in and more config of controls. This is just single player so far. Do wish general movement control changes would carry over automatically to the vehicle stuff but oh well - just more config time for me I guess

That punkbuster license agreement is something else though - nothing like it on the UT side - essentially sez we can look any where at any time and upload that info to our servers - ouch.

Its pretty fun, and runs pretty good on my machine.. Dont know if ill be buying it right when it comes out though, Its just the same game with better graphics.. I have BFV and thats still alot of fun..

I'm really digging it, i spent last night with it, and i'll give some impressions. I played the initial BF1942, but NOT BFV, sooo.. yea.

- the way they handled death was superb, im not talking about the respawn times or anything like that, the sheer force that your sort've ripped from your view and hit the ground crying for a medic was just phenominal. I can't believe im saying this - but i love dying.

- the game has a Long learning curve, longer then BF1942, and longer then Counter-Strike probably. I was succussfully able to tip my helicopter upside down and have it explode, but flying? no. I could get in the sky with a jet, but then i accidentally hit E and parachuted (by parachuted, i mean fell to my death, i dont know where the key is, but lets keep this secret.) out. The controls really need to be fine-tuned for each individual player. But once you get them down, its a massive improvement.

- Explosions are absolutely great in this game - better then i've seen in any game to date, i was playing a Spec Ops and i blew myself and others up with C4 many, many times.. what a fun toy. the way grenades blow up is different from every other explosive force - its handled really well.

- The built in squad-feature is probably the best thing ever for competetive gaming, you get constant hud mark-ups to where your teammates are and instant voice-over communication and stuff, It's hard to figure out how it works, but once you get into a good squad, you tend to stick together like a pack of wolves. Its a great idea and is pulled off perfectly here. In previous Battlefield games (and other online shooters) a lot of the players are complete strangers, this really makes it easy to find 'intelligent' players right off the bat.

- The guns are 'alright' .. i wasn't a huge fan of some of them, but im hoping the ones you unlock are cooler. It feels like an alternate version of counterstrike. enemies can take 1 or 2 extra shots, you can jump around pretty actively, running is handled more realistically, climbing and going prone add a new tactical element. knife is insta-kill. It's interesting, i'd say this is the best version of Battlefield as far as gun-combat is concearned.

All in all? i think its a good game, but i think the teamplay elements make it a really great game - Theres something about it that just screams teamplay - even More-so then counter-strike. I want to get into a squad with a bunch of gc's and just wreak havok.

OK I played it some more yesterday, and then I loaded up BFV.. I admit now that BF2 is more fun than BFV, they have made some nice changes that balance the game out in bf2... Its like they are all the same game just different mods...

I have noticed that specific weapons are made just for specific purposes. Small arms will not take down a helicopter anymore (they would eventually take one down in BF:V), which I think is a large mistake. You still can't hit the pilots of planes or helicopters. The heli's will come down easier than in BF:V though, with the right weapon, which is a good thing. 4 rockets to a hovering heli was ridiculous to say the least.

My main interest is still in what will be unlocked with the stats, and how they are going to manage all of the stats. I will have to talk my way into getting a copy of the full game. Best Buy is showing the DVD versions release as being tomorrow.

(edited)

You can blow up airplanes and helicopters with small arms AND you can shoot the pilots of planes or helicopters.

Also the game is coming out the 21st no matter what Bestbuy or any other retailer puts on their site.

Edited by VooDooPC

I am sure you can blow them up with small arms. I have not tested how many rounds it takes or anything. But where as I could pretty easily take down a heli with a heavy machine gun in BF:V, I have not succeeded in taking one down with quite a few rounds in BF2. The info I was going off of for not being able to shoot the pilots is the fact that I attempted to shoot someone in a jet before they took off, basically point blank.

Will be nice to actually see these things happen in action. Game is fun none the less though!