Battlefield 2 - DEMO AVAIL NOW!

k-wix

(edited)

Seriously. this is the only FPS game i'm really looking forward too right now, and after watching some vids at gamespy im really hyped .. yet i see No threads about it here :o

This looks like it could take my Counter-Strike time away, 7 classes, 40+ vehicles, unlockable weapons, Built-In Stats?! (That unlock those weapons) :o This game is gunna be hot. I can already see myself playing the Spec Ops

http://bf2wiki.info/index.php?n=BF2.BasicInfo

profile.jpg

Read up, DISCUSS! Oh, i posted the pic to show how complex the character setup is.. you can carry an Mp3 player into battle? slick.. armpatches and tags also, plus built-in CLAN support. very nice stuff here.

EDIT: Flitterkill changed the title to reflect demo availability

Edited by Flitterkill

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes out on June 19th? Or are you saying your going to get it for Father's day?

You know what stinks? My wife's birthday is on Father's Day. Talk about stealing my thunder :D

Best Buy has it coming out on the 14th. But... Since we are getting married, buying a house, and expecting sometime around Nov or Dec, I will have to come up with a good excuse to buy it. :blush::D:boing: I need help, I know!

Is this going to be pretty much multi player only like BFV?

Yes and no. It will be pretty much multiplayer like the other two but they did say the majorly overhauled the AI.

Which is great becuase sometimes i just want to play on a LAN with me and my brother and the AI in Vietnam and 1942 is SO stupid.

They will all clump up together in one spot and just stand there. So you have to throw a grenade inbetween them all to kill them and get them moving.

They will lay down on the ground and shoot at bad guys a mile away even if i am right next to them and they should be shooting at me.

They can't fly helicopters at ALL.

They suck at driving for the most part.

They will jump out of planes when they think they are going to crash but they are perfectly fine.

They will take big helicopters that should be full of people and when you ask for a ride with the comm system they will say "roger", then when you run over there they will start taking off while your still on the ground. You can keep asking for them to pick you up and they will spam "Negative" over and over. Then fly away.

This is just a small list. They will have to make the AI MUCH better. But they could fill a room with monkeys and computers, they would make for better AI.

I agree, the videos have been great. If it approaches that level of action and realism, then sign me up! Well, I'm already signed up, so... :boing:

I never played Battlefield 1942 or Vietnam. What happens when you die? Do you respawn like in UT or is it like CS and you have to wait?

You respawn after a few seconds. The spawns are in "waves" and theres something like, 20 seconds between waves (I think its a server setting). So if you die you have to wait anywhere from 0 to 20 seconds. Its not round based like CS but its not instant like UT.

I am way hyped for BF2. And on a great note I found this out just moments ago....

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefiel...p?src=gone_gold

GOLD BABY!!! :D:D

Also word of a demo coming out 6/10. Unofficial...but here is a quick read about it..

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefie...419&tid=1664293

Man..I cannot wait for this. It is the game I have been looking forward to for many months!

I like games that have demos before the game is released. That way i can actually tell if it runs on my computer and junk before i go out and buy the real thing the day it comes out. Also since the demo is before the release i won't be a "newb" becuase i didn't buy the game the day it came out.

I actually went to the official website and checked out the videos of it for the first time. I don't know why but PC Gamer previews haven't done it justice and didn't hype it enough. Those vids look amazing. Everything looks very smooth and perty, I'm actually looking forward to trying a demo of this one.