hackers and stats

Let's go back off track.

Bothrops, what's your problem?

His problem was the same problem I had with your response...it was snappy and standoffish. Who are YOU to say what GC's attitude should be? You give yourself way too much standing around here, Vovik. Frankly, I get tired of reading many of your posts.

I was VERY happy to read that Both followed your post with that, because I felt the same way about your attitude. I'm sure I don't see every single post of yours, but for some reason, they seem to ring similar many times for me to have this general feeling about your attitude.

My responsibility to GC? Weed out the people who stand on the other side of the river and tell us what GC should be and should do.

BTW, the problem lies first in the beholder around these forums. It's the READER making THEIR interpretations with the negative eye. I disagree with my bro Whudats here....we don't need to walk on glass when we post, we need to read with an open mind.

<_< hmmm....

maybe if u made the west coast server a secure server u wouln't have hackers joining in the first place.

There is no secure yet. It randomnly disallows people to connect...it's beta...cal won't allow you to use a secure server. We're not gonna play a guessing game and then deal with the "but I don't hack" posts all over the place. It was considered, it was researched, it was left alone. Go read the steampowered forums on this topic.

HEY BGB!

Your joke...that's horrible man...lol... ;)

Hey Fats - you make a good point, but I still believe that it all begins with the writer. Because, as we have seen, not everyone reads these threads with an open mind, and often they see what they want to, or what they need to...

I don't say walk on glass when you write. I'm all for droppin' the hammer when needed. But just be aware that people don't interpret things the same. You may know what you meant to say, and it might seem obvious, but I might read it completely different.

Maybe a combinationof the two? But in essence I do agree: bottom line - If everyone would read with an open mind, it wouldn't matter as much how and what you write.

:hug:

Hey I just think Vovik has a personal vendetta against all hackers and hates them all with a passion which is understandable considering how detrimentally they can affect the quality of play.

It didn't seem to me he was particularly mischaracterizing the response he received. As moderators or admins acting the role of a representative of a larger organization personal repsonses can often times be misinterpreted.

If its ones own personal view than perhaps some disclaimer or clarification should also be included. Words can be tricky, and in the hands of people who represent organizations it no doubt becomes neccessary to provide concise statements of narrow interpetation reflecting the standards of the organization and not neccessarily personal views.

Some people do take rank and stats seriously in this game. Some people have to be competitive in order to have fun Others can have fun without becoming obsessed with stats and rank. I say to each its own. Let people play the way they want to play.

That being said, however, the ranking of Hackers are merely an annoyance and its not exactly the end of the world. But it is an understanable annoyance to those who take stats and rank seriously as a facet of their game. In the long run hackers will get weeded out and hopefully we will all move on to better things.

:smillie_smilling: