severe ping increase on stock and scopeless

Cujo

has no one else noticed this?? it's been 48 hours now and not one single post? chicago stock and scopeless are both pinging comparable to west server. this is for everyone and not just me. fatty, you were playing last night so surely you noticed this. what's goin on?

has no one else noticed this??  it's been 48 hours now and not one single post?  chicago stock and scopeless are both pinging comparable to west server.  this is for everyone and not just me.  fatty, you were playing last night so surely you noticed this.  what's goin on?

My ping has also been very high since the servers went down on the weekend.

(edited)

I am getting about 15-25 more than usual, I talked to others and there having the same problem, kinda like were in a diffrent location.

I know about 1/3 the server said they noticed it to, but 2/3 didnt.

Its happened ever since the "outage" for me, did they switch our location to get us back up right away?

I actually went pubbing last night because of it ewww

Edited by M2.gc

Here's the deal - with the fire that occurred in Chicago over the weekend that took down our xgaming GC servers, there have been some lingering after effects (note that the fire wasn't *at* xgaming, it was elsewhere that hit some big time IP providers).

The big one has been pings for lots of folks connecting to Chcicago servers jumping upwards of 50.

This is a result of some big iron core routers going down due to that fire.

Short term: Next upwards to 48 hours expect sucky pings

Long term: Bonus! They are replacing with bigger, better, faster. xgaming is of the opinion that pings may even be lower than pre-fire. It is, like much of this nonsense was, out of thier hands but they have been good at keeping folks in the mix.

Hang tough and ride it out - all will be fine shortly.

-Fk

Welp, if the pings get too bad for ya while it's worked on, just wait in your private server! Good solution!

Flitter's paraphrase source:

Due to the Major Fire and Power outages in Chicago a few days ago some of our

peering providers have had failed Core routers. This is causing some latency build

up in Chicago for some people. We have addressed this issue with our providers and

its being fixed over the next 48 hours. You should see a great difference possibly

better then before since it will be all new equipment in Chicago. This is out of our

hands directly but we are putting major preasure on our provider to have this fixed

swiftly. We have been told it should be fixed by tuesday and no later then Wensday.

Pings will go back to normal once this is completed.

We apoligize that our Chicago clients have been affected by this and we are doing

our best to make the higher level backbones do there job quickly. If you have any

questions let us know.

resist the urge to comment on the grammatical errors... :shrug03:

stock went down for a solid half hour tonight and i was praying that pings would be all better when it went back up... but to know avail. same old 100ms 50 choke.

stock went down for a solid half hour tonight and i was praying that pings would be all better when it went back up... but to know avail.  same old 100ms 50 choke.

Yep. Alot of people are stuck at 100ms 30-50 choke.

There's a small handfull who remain sub 50, who should be set on fire. :D

I have alot more respect for HPB's, how they can play online games and not throw the computer out the window daily is amazing.