Wired Gamming Mice

Okay, we've got a headset link which helped a whole bunch in choosing a good 5.1 USB headset.

Here's the skinny. I'd like to pick up a decent wired gamming mouse for FF05. I want to know what is a good optical mouse to pick up that has good resolution, good response, and good recomendations.

I've seen the post for the Razer Diamondback. Any others?

Um, the diamondback is a decent mouse, but if you have anything but small-girly man hands, its gonna be too small for you, I know my fat hands dont work too well on mine, but im addicted to the sensitivity.

so, 1600dpi is a must, so that means your only other option is the mx518 by logitec. I loved my 510, and would LOVE a 518. I would have to tell you that this is the mouse that I beleve the be the best gaming mouse for a MANS hand. I have never actually USED a 518, but I ran a 510 for a little over a year, and it fit my hand like a glove!, and i LOVE the 1600 dpi of the razer, so the shape of the 510, and the optics of the razer= pwnage!!!!!!

(edited)

I had a Logitech iFell mouse ( vibraty kind ) for a few years and I loved it. But the thing was just freakin' wore out.

I thought about getting the Razorback, that would cut into my "new video card" budget.

So i ended-up getting the same old-school style Logitech SE optical mouse for $12 online while I ordered a new SD card for my camera.

logitechSEred.jpg

It's still a few years behind the mousing technology curve, but it feels just like home and has a double the response time of my old iFeel.

Playing UT 2004, or any other game for that matter, it never looses track. Its light weight and small, easy to move around with your fingertips. Maybe I'm just old, but I dont like those tennis shoe looking mice.

Good luck finding the red version now, but you can still find the black one at Staples for $20.

Edited by bushwack

(edited)

I went from a duel optical mouseman to a cordless moueman to the mx700 and then back to the duel optical mouseman. It is the perfect mouse for me. It fits my hand has awesome response and the thumb button is under your thumb instead of over so it's by far the very best mouse I have used. That is why I tried he rest and went back to the best.

It has fewer buttons than some but they are placed in a way that it's so natural to use them you give it no thought, plus it's pretty cheap. http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/9306760403nr.html

Edited by Preacher

• 4 weeks later...