"You mean..with your computer??"

Brew Swillas

So I have been pretty pumped up for the last 2 weeks knowing I am get the pleasure of a few days off work and a weekend with you folks. I took Thurs - Mon off to also squeeze in some "boxers and couch" days...

Soooo...when explaining my excitement to other their eyes glaze over in an odd way..Thank god I have a cool wife that understands my gaming ways but I have been laughed at my inlaws. My dear brothers wife though it was HILARIOUS that I was traveling with all my gear 4 hours away to play games and to meet with others I have never meet. I mean she was in tears when I explained we all get shirt that proudly represent "Fellowship of the Ping"....and we haver sponsers and deals with Taco Bell. Don't get me wrong I had more fun in telling her that she did in her laughter..

Does anyone else think you are a nerd??? :D:D

Absolutely. The first thing my boss said when I told him there was no way I could work this weekend, was "Why?, Going to a Star Trek Convention?" I said, "No, even better! A computer LAN party! I get to pack up all my equipment and go to a hotel to set it all up again, and play games with the same people I play css with over the internet."

I think the point where I started mentioning the numbers of people regestered and that "Corsair, and Muskin RAM were sponsoring us" was the point where he was like "ummm, who are they?" lol

My wife thinks it's cool, but then again, she's a gamer, currently completely addicted to SWG, so she understands the whole gamer mentality. My brother was way more confused when I told him I couldn't play softball. I didn't even bother to give him the detailed explanation, as I think the last computer games he played were on a 80286, although he does play some console games now and then.

ummm, yeah, most people think I'm uber geek for this. :luxhello:

I can tell from experience, that most attorneys don't understand. :freak3:

And the number of times I've been asked "what's F.....R......4......g......" while wearing my FF shirts is kinda funny. :)

Hey I used to get nagged on when I hosted them. "All that trouble for playing games" "NERD!!!".. well you get the idea. Having the gf complain at the fact im driving "just to play games you can play at home" is nothing.